b7100 Fuel Leak sending me crazy

Dennis

Jul 28, 2010
Queensland Australia
I just accomplished a tractor split but do you think I can track down a fuel leak!

There is about one drop every 5 seconds of diesel that appears to be coming from the bottom of the lowest of the 3 copper washers at the eye joint on connection to the injector pump housing. ( that's a mouthful)

I have replaced all 3 copper washers and applied appropriate torque.

Cut back the fuel hose half an inch where it attaches to the eye joint nossle in case there was an invisible crack in the hose.

Checked the hose clamp for tightness

Put some metal sealant around where the nossle pipe joins the body of the eye joint in case there was an invisible crack.

It still leaks about a drop every 5 seconds.

The surface of the pump hosing is not burred.

This one has me stumped.

Problem seemed to arise after I cleaned fuel filter which was pretty clogged up.

Tractor is running fine except diesel is pouring out.

Is not coming from the bleed nut.

I am wary of( and should not have to) use selants so close to the injectors but it could be a last resort

Dennis

Jul 28, 2010
Queensland Australia
To help anyone who has a similar problem.......... the fault was at the nozzle on the eyelet joint where it enters the "nut" of the joint. An invisible gap had developed between the nozzle pipe and the nut and fuel dripped down so it looked like it was coming from the copper gaskets. I used Devlon epoxy sealant which was easy to use and resists diesel, heat and pressure.