b7100 backhoe to 3 point hitch

Ryan Duchscherer

Equipment
zd21 mower B7100 Sold B7200 Sold CASE 580 Backhoe with front grapple
Jan 28, 2016
Washington
Tractor came as TLB. loader is a b219 and backhoe is a kuw200 or b670 I believe. I have the hitch the guy who owned the tractor before me never put it on either. Was wondering how long does it take to switch back and forth between backhoe and 3 point hitch? How to store backhoe when off of tractor? Is there a special stand that you need? Just don't want to get it off and not be able to get it back on. Does this take more then one person to do? Any help is appreciated.

-Ryan

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
PM sent answering your PM.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I noticed you have a slot cut in your draw bar on your tractor. Does that slot allow you to keep drawbar on while backhoe is installed? Also do you remove your backhoe brackets completely when installing 3 point?
OK, let's see if I'm understanding your question. Are you referring to this slot? (white arrow in 1st pic)
If so, that slot, in conjunction with the slot above it in the PTO guard, (yellow arrow) keep the hydraulic pump from spinning with the PTO shaft.
(2nd pic shows pump bracket engaged in the 2 slots)
Yes, the drawbar (or hitch) stays on the tractor with or without the backhoe.
The only brackets that get removed are the ones that connect the backhoe frame the the FEL frame. (green arrow 3rd pic)
The backhoe brackets (painted black, blue arrow, 4th pic) also stay on the tractor. The bolts that hold those brackets to the FEL subframe & differential housing are too long to be used without the backhoe brackets in place- you would have to swap to shorter bolts to run with the brackets removed. Also, a couple of those bolts actually reach the differential oil sump, so pulling them can make quite a mess. (don't ask me how I know:rolleyes:)

Attachments

Ryan Duchscherer

Equipment
Jan 28, 2016
Washington
yes that answers my questions. when removing your backhoe do you remove the qty 4 bolts from the backhoe frame or the two bolts upinside the loader frame? I removed mine with two upinside the loader frame. Also im assuming you drilled holes in your backhoe frame mounts so you could leave them on continuously? Because factory brakcets didn't come with them, atleast mine did not. Also my draw bar dosenst have a slot cut in it for the pto pump. Just uses slot on pto shield to keep it in place. when hooking up three point after backhoe is disconnected just slide on 3 point arms and throw in a couple pins and your done. I found out the hard way as well those bolts go into the oil sump pan this morning.

Ryan Duchscherer

Equipment
Jan 28, 2016
Washington
I'm going to be drilling holes in my backhoe mounts this weekend so I can keep them on permenant. Not sure why Kubota didn't do this in the first place. If you did this did you have to get a longer rod to be able to go through the 3 point hitch eyelets, backhoe brackets and draw bar? Mine is only 16 inches from pin hole to pin hole. Mine might be a little short.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I remove all (6) bolts; you don't need to remove all of them to dismount the hoe, but I think you'll find you need all (6) out/loose in order to line things back up when you remount it. It all depends on how accurately you back the tractor in and your blocking under the hoe.

My brackets came with factory holes for the 3pt bar, but I've seen a set on a B6100 that didn't. Might be an early production vs late production thing.

I have seen a couple of pumps that only use the PTO slot, and one that used an entirely different bracket to anchor the pump.

My original 3pt rod was long enough (just) to use with the backhoe brackets, but when I switched from the factory stabilizers (PITA) to Hodge Stabilizers, (maybe the best addition to the tractor) I had to make a longer rod.

Attachments

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Not sure why Kubota didn't do this in the first place.
The question probably should be "Why Kubota didn't specify this in their design requirements when they contracted for the backhoe?"
The B670 & B219 were both designed and built by an American company from Wisconsin called Aeroquip. They have changed names and no longer support either implement, but the nice thing is that all the rebuild parts- seals, o-rings, backing rings, hoses, etc. are all readily available US sizes.
Hard parts are another story, however.

Ryan Duchscherer

Equipment
Jan 28, 2016
Washington
mine is also a 1979 model as well. You wouldn't happen to have a picture of your backhoe bracket off by chance so I can see hole placement realitive to bolts. More of a visual then anything. thank you for all the help. I know this unrelated to question but was hoping to find turf wheels for my tractor. Has 4 lug fronts which I know can be a challenge to find. I have been able to locate a part number for wheels but unable to determine if wheels are for turf tires or not. Part numbers 70000-00024 front 4 lug and 70000-00028 for rear.

Ryan Duchscherer

Equipment
Jan 28, 2016
Washington
hi have one more question about the b670 backhoe. I took my 3 point off today and put my backhoe on. The backhoe mounts have the tabs sticking off of the them? what are these for? With backhoe on they don't seem to used for anything. Just wanting to make sure I got everything on correctly, as it was my first time putting it on.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Do you mean this tab? (pic)
If so, I don't know why they are there.
As a guide to help center the hoe as you back up to it? They don't seem substantial enough for that.

Attachments

Last edited: