B7100 backhoe hydraulics

Mountainman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501, B7100, B6000, BX24, B1750, B2400
Jul 10, 2022
Attalla Alabama
mossycreekoutdoors.com
Good morning. I have a b7100hst newer version and picked up a bushhog backhoe. The backhoe is setup to run off tractor hydraulics. I'd prefer to use a PTO pump and resivoir but considering the cost of all that I'm looking into using tractor hydraulics instead.

I have a b8200 pump to put on it to increase flow so that should help. I also have the b1630 loader running off the hydraulic block on side of tractor.

I've seen several references to the hydraulic port on the side of the 3ph valve under the seat but not enough to know if this idea would work. If I were to tie into that for the "In" of the backhoe and then run the "out" from the backhoe to the fill hole where my loader return line is would that work? Obviously I'm not using 3ph while I have a backhoe so that is no big deal to turn the knob to auxiliary instead of 3ph.

I'd prefer not to use the power beyond from the loader simply because of all the extra hoses I'd have going all over the place. Thanks for any insight

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Good morning. I have a b7100hst newer version and picked up a bushhog backhoe. The backhoe is setup to run off tractor hydraulics. I'd prefer to use a PTO pump and resivoir but considering the cost of all that I'm looking into using tractor hydraulics instead.

I have a b8200 pump to put on it to increase flow so that should help. I also have the b1630 loader running off the hydraulic block on side of tractor.

I've seen several references to the hydraulic port on the side of the 3ph valve under the seat but not enough to know if this idea would work. If I were to tie into that for the "In" of the backhoe and then run the "out" from the backhoe to the fill hole where my loader return line is would that work? Obviously I'm not using 3ph while I have a backhoe so that is no big deal to turn the knob to auxiliary instead of 3ph.

I'd prefer not to use the power beyond from the loader simply because of all the extra hoses I'd have going all over the place. Thanks for any insight
Way easier than that and it does not involve a lot of hoses - just put a quick coupler on the power beyond port of the B1630 loader valve. That is your backhoe hookup. When you mount the hoe just disconnect the coupler and connect the two halves to the backhoe supply and return When you dismount the hoe plug them back together. Here is a picture of that exact setup on my B7200.

If you want to get fancy you can run a hose from the loader power beyond port to the rear for the backhoe supply. Put a female quick coupler on that. Run another hose form the return port on the outlet block to the rear and put a male coupler on it. Plug the backhoe inlet into the female coupler and the backhoe return into the male coupler. When the backhoe is removed plug the two halves together. That is exactly how Kubota does it.

Dan

20211112_092149.jpg

Last edited:

Mountainman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501, B7100, B6000, BX24, B1750, B2400
Jul 10, 2022
Attalla Alabama
mossycreekoutdoors.com
Way easier than that and it does not involve a lot of hoses - just put a quick coupler on the power beyond port of the B1630 loader valve. That is your backhoe hookup. When you mount the hoe just disconnect the coupler and connect the two halves to the backhoe supply and return When you dismount the hoe plug them back together. Here is a picture of that exact setup on my B7200.

If you want to get fancy you can run a hose from the loader power beyond port to the rear for the backhoe supply. Put a female quick coupler on that. Run another hose form the return port on the outlet block to the rear and put a male coupler on it. Plug the backhoe inlet into the female coupler and the backhoe return into the male coupler. When the backhoe is removed plug the two halves together. That is exactly how Kubota does it.

Dan

View attachment 90787

That's an interesting idea. I have a basic understanding of how the hydraulics work but not a complete. What your telling me sounds like I'd be using high pressure out of the power beyond to the in port of the hoe then out of the hoe back to the return of the hydraulic block which would still be high pressure but that seems to me like it would be power beyond out of the hoe not the out port. The out port of the hoe would just just be low pressure return right? I could be wrong here

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
That's an interesting idea. I have a basic understanding of how the hydraulics work but not a complete. What your telling me sounds like I'd be using high pressure out of the power beyond to the in port of the hoe then out of the hoe back to the return of the hydraulic block which would still be high pressure but that seems to me like it would be power beyond out of the hoe not the out port. The out port of the hoe would just just be low pressure return right? I could be wrong here
You are not wrong. That is why you have to keep the 3pt lever fulldown at ll times. As I said - that is exactly how Kubota does it on just about all of their hoes. They also put a big warning sticker and lockout on the 3pt lever.....

In case you are wondering I used that coupler for a 3pt logsplltter AND I used the 3pt to tote it around. The log splitter valve could have cared less about the relatively low back pressure it was getting. In your case the 3pt is going to be disabled because of the hoe so a lockout is just a little extra insurance.

Dan

Last edited: