B7100 3 point lift arms

Win22wrf

Equipment
B7100
Jun 4, 2020
Lincoln, Nebraska
I am working on a freshening up of a B7100 and found the lift arms that have the dowel pin on the rear shaft are a little loose. The have some side to side movement on the splines of the shaft. I was wondering if anyone has ever put a cut in the back side of the arm by dowel pin and then threaded one half of it and put a bolt in to tighten it up on the shaft. Any thought on this? I think some arms are already like this?

thanks, bill

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes there are 2 versions of the Three point arms, one bolted and clamped the other pined.

I don't think I would recommend altering the older style arms as they might fail and leave you with nothing.

What you can do is remove the pins and arms clean them all up, most often they just need new pins, but if they are real sloppy you can use a piece of very, very thin sheet of brass or copper to make a spline shim to tighten them up.
Usually just a thin strip across a couple of splines will do it.

Win22wrf

Equipment
B7100
Jun 4, 2020
Lincoln, Nebraska
Yes there are 2 versions of the Three point arms, one bolted and clamped the other pined.

I don't think I would recommend altering the older style arms as they might fail and leave you with nothing.

What you can do is remove the pins and arms clean them all up, most often they just need new pins, but if they are real sloppy you can use a piece of very, very thin sheet of brass or copper to make a spline shim to tighten them up.
Usually just a thin strip across a couple of splines will do it.
Thanks for the advice. That is exactly what I was also thinking of. I guess if they get really bad I can try the other way.

Regards, bill