B6200d PTO neutral?

PenderBen

Equipment
B6200d, Bobcat 323j, T1600
Aug 31, 2012
Gulf Islands, BC Canada
Hi everyone.
I picked up a B6200d the other day and am trying to familiarize myself with it.
I don't have a manual for it, and the only (free) OM I can find online is the the later hst models, which has many similarities but doesn't seem to answer this question (nor can I find anything searching online):
Does the PTO have a neutral position?
What I'm seeing is (front to back) hi speed, mid PTO, and low speed. It was on the 'mid PTO' when I got it and appears to have been left in that position all the time, and therefore the mid PTO is always spinning, even when the tractor is sitting in neutral.
I tried playing with different lever positions but nowhere seemed to be neutral (all PTOs disengaged).
Am I missing something?

Thanks for reading :)

PenderBen

Equipment
Aug 31, 2012
Gulf Islands, BC Canada
Okay- I may be kind of an idiot here; I took a closer look under the tractor, and am I right in my observation that there is no mid PTO? If that is the case, then the middle position on the PTO selector is in would be neutral.
My bad :)

I guess I really do need a manual.

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Ben, TractorData lists your PTO as only two speeds. Kubota B6200. (I'm surprised, because my B6100 has three.)

So, if your shaft is spinning in the neutral position, that's not good. According to the Operator's Manual (page 3), the neutral position is the middle position. Maybe it needs some PB Blaster and some manipulation to free up the linkage. <shrug>

Here's a link to a fairly decent online manual: B6200-7200ops.pdf

Please keep us updated on your progress! Oh, and welcome to the OTT!

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Is the PTO really in gear, or is it just oil drag, cause it's cold now? Start tractor, place PTO in what you think to be N, take a 2X4 and press against the end of the shaft. If its just oil drag that's turning it, the 2X4 should stop the spinning...:D:D

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Okay- I may be kind of an idiot here; I took a closer look under the tractor, and am I right in my observation that there is no mid PTO? If that is the case, then the middle position on the PTO selector is in would be neutral.
My bad :)

I guess I really do need a manual.
The mid pto may be covered by a sheet metal safety cap. It may be there but you just can not see it.

PenderBen

Equipment
Aug 31, 2012
Gulf Islands, BC Canada
Hey everyone, thanks for the input.
The PTO isn't spinning when it shouldn't be, I just screwed up and thought there was a mid output PTO shaft that was (based on noise I was hearing and lever position).
My only previous experience was coming from my B6000, and while there are many similarities that area isn't quite the same.
A little more research and it looks like the gear drive b6200 does not have a mid PTO, but an hst model does.
When everything is in neutral and I let the clutch out it sounds like a shaft spinning/ a bit clattery down where the mid PTO would be if it had one. Seems a little far back to be clutch related, must just be something inside the drivetrain that's a bit loose.

Thanks again, I'll get this machine figured out in my head soon enough.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sounds like you might be hearing noise from the one way clutch (not the tractors main clutch), Your B600 didn't have a one way clutch.

If the noise it too great or the PTO skips or slips under a load then the one way clutch is bad and will need repaired or replaced.