B6200 Engine block heater

Mr.BowJangles

Dec 15, 2017
Ludington, MI
Hi All,

First off love the site and all the info that so many of you share! It has been very helpful as I tinker with my new toy.

I have a B6200 HST that has been having a little trouble starting during the colder winter months. I have glo-plugs on the tractor but was wondering if I could buy an aftermarket engine block heater for the 6200 and if so where does it attach to the tractor. If there is no designated area for the block heater I am planning on using a magnetic block heater as a last resort.

Thanks!

JerryMT

Equipment
Kubota M4500, NH TD95D,Ford 4610
Jun 17, 2017
The Palouse - North Idaho
Hi All,

First off love the site and all the info that so many of you share! It has been very helpful as I tinker with my new toy.

I have a B6200 HST that has been having a little trouble starting during the colder winter months. I have glo-plugs on the tractor but was wondering if I could buy an aftermarket engine block heater for the 6200 and if so where does it attach to the tractor. If there is no designated area for the block heater I am planning on using a magnetic block heater as a last resort.

Thanks!
My experience with magnetic heaters is not good. It's hard to find a really flat surface big enough to get them placed properly.

A block heater sized for your tractor from the manufacturer is your best bet. I just put one on our M4500 and it was easy to install with the supplied instructions and works like a charm. I don't care for radiator hose heaters because they don't directly heat the coolant in the block itself and that's what you really want. I know about all the thermosiphon theories , etc but you really want to put the heat into the block coolant and that's what most manufacturers recommend. Generally they install into a core plug opening so you have to knock out the core plug with a punch. I've seen that the newer Kubotas have a threaded plug that you remove and place the block heater in the opening. Go to Messick's web site and look up the block heater for you application or talk to your Kubota dealer. Seeing as you live in Michigan, I can't believe they don't put them in tractors sold there from the git go!

Depending upon the starting coolant temperature 1-3 hrs of block heater operation will get you an easy start and the electrical cost is insignificant. We have our feeding tractor on a timer and it starts the block heater about 2 hrs before we feed the cows and then shuts off. You can also get a remote controlled electrical out let that works from 500 ft from the remote so you can turn the heater on from the comfort of your house.

http://www.messicks.com/part/70000-73274/block-heater

Last edited: