B6100 Hydraulic Filter - Cant get back in

tums20

Apr 3, 2016
Cal
Good morning
Removed filter from transmission to clean while changing out tranny fluid. Is there a trick to getting it back in? 30 to 45 minutes of turning has produce no results of getting the filter piece back in.

Totally frustrated, not a lot of room to maneuver
Maybe threads are off for some reason? A whole new piece might work? Filter is all cleaned

Thank You

kupitz

Equipment
BX2660 with LA243 FEL and Front mount BX2750 snowblower/2763A heated Curtis cab.
Mar 28, 2016
New Providence, PA
It's been some time since I changed mine but I ran into a similar problem changing the fuel filter on my truck. The old filter had an o-ring in the cnter that stayed on the housing and didn't come off with the old filter. Check the top of the old and new filters and verify that all gaskets and o-rings that are on the new filter are still on the old filter. If not, perhaps something was left behind.

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
Some time these can be a real pain. The first thing I would do is remove the tire for a little better access .Check the threads on the filter. Loosen the tube at the pump. this will help you line it up a little better. Drop the tube out of the way and try screwing the filter in without the tube in the way. The filter should screw in by hand.

Good Luck Lance

tums20

Apr 3, 2016
Cal
Thanks for the advice on loosening the hydro line
I was able to screw the filter in with it out of the way so at least I know it will go in

I will try to take the tire off as well

Maybe some light at the end of the tunnel

Does milky trans fluid mean water got in somewhere?

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
Milky hydro oil is BAAAAAAD. It needs to be changed. It's a good idea to find out how water got there in the first place. It might be good to change the oil. run the machine and change it again.

tums20

Apr 3, 2016
Cal
Thanks for the info, finally got it back after a lot of cussing

Never thought of taking tire off that helped tremendously
Owner of a tractor for 1 week so in learning stages

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Thanks for the advice on loosening the hydro line
I was able to screw the filter in with it out of the way so at least I know it will go in

I will try to take the tire off as well

Maybe some light at the end of the tunnel

Does milky trans fluid mean water got in somewhere?
Check your gear shift boot for cracks or tears, that is the usual place for water getting into the hydraulic oil.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
New to kubotas can you tell me where hydraulic filter is located on b6100e thanks in advance Carl
It is on the right hand side of your tractor, screwed in through the large suction pipe supplying the hydraulic pump. Look right in front of the axle housing and you will see a 1" or 1 1/16" hex head facing out. Unscrew it and you will pull out a tubular filter. Do not try to clean and reuse it, it is two layers of fine screen with a filter media sandwiched between them. You can get the screen clean but not the media. The replacement part is screen with no media in between and it can be cleaned and reused.
Drain the oil before you remove the filter or you will probably wind up with a mess on your floor. Drain plug is located under the far Right Rear corner of the tractor. If changing the hydraulic oil, it helps to drive the Left Rear tire up on a 2x4 and jack up the front of the tractor a few inches.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Moose, it's not a filter as you might imagine, a cartridge to thread on...it's actually a strainer located inside the hydraulic return line on the right side of the tractor.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
You most likely don't need to replace it. You remove it and clean it with (an old toothbrush) and some soap or solvent, if required, then re-insert it. It is a very fine mesh strainer, 1" dia. x 4" long made of metal. There is an "0" ring that should be replaced that is between the transmission body and the fitting that the strainer is behind.