B6000 Transmission oil question

joshy

Equipment
B6000
Jan 4, 2012
pennsylvania
I purchased a b6000 kubota with a loader on it and it is my first kubota i own. The tranmission was locked up and found 2 gears chipped and smashed together. the case was empty when i received the tractor so what kind of oil is best to run in here and how much do i need to put. I know there is a dipstick but i need to have a rough idea when i purchase it. Thanks

Also on top of the motor what is that rod that connect to two screws inside the rocker cover? it goes back to the dash board and you can pull on it? Im thinking a compression release liek the old one cylinder rollers? Am i correct

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
I purchased a b6000 kubota with a loader on it and it is my first kubota i own. The tranmission was locked up and found 2 gears chipped and smashed together. the case was empty when i received the tractor so what kind of oil is best to run in here and how much do i need to put. I know there is a dipstick but i need to have a rough idea when i purchase it. Thanks

Also on top of the motor what is that rod that connect to two screws inside the rocker cover? it goes back to the dash board and you can pull on it? Im thinking a compression release liek the old one cylinder rollers? Am i correct
Until your sure there are no leaks I would use Gear oil Sae 80,a B6100 and 7100 take 11.5 litres so that quantity won't be too far away from what your B6000 will take. make sure to drain all the old oil there are two more drain plugs on the reduction casings on the rear axle as well as the main drain. Also clean the filter screen,
You are correct in thinking it a compression release.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
DO NOT use 80w oil in this transmission!!!!
Use Kubota 4000 trans-draulic fluid or one that meets the specs. The transmission, rear axle & hydraulics are all a common resoviour.