B6000 pricing?

Dixie-B6000

Equipment
Kubota L5240, LA854 W/QA
Apr 13, 2011
Enterprise, AL
Got a 1975 model B6000 and im wanting to get a B7100 HST. How much are the 6000's going for? I've fully serviced it and rebuilt the 3point lift. Its in top running shape and don't smoke except on startup and a little on acceleration and its greyish black smoke. New tires, glow plugs, fuel filters and comes with a S850 tiller. Bout the only thing it needs is the hood and finders painted!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
I think prices are very subjective and vary widely from different locations of the country/world, You do not indicate if your B6000 is 2wd or 4wd which is an important factor to many potential purchasers, Just as an example I purchased a late 70's B5100E a few months ago, The tractor runs great and needed only routine maintenance and no major repairs, I paid $1400 delivered to my door, Your B6000 is very similar in horsepower ratings,capabilities,size and appearance so that may give you some where to start from. Some would say I paid too much while others would say I got a good deal, The thing is I paid what I considered a fair price for what I was getting in return. I use this same logic when selling an item, I will not give it away for less than I have invested(minus age/use depreciation) but I will not price it so high that I discourage potential buyers, I do generally set my starting price somewhat higher than I am willing to settle for as it is pretty much a given that there will be some price haggling by any potential buyer and I usually indicate that I am receptive to a reasonable offer when setting my advertised price.

So basically your B6000 is worth what someone is willing to pay for it and you are willing to settle for as a sale price.

You can do some research by viewing open and closed listings on eBay,Looking for similar tractors on Craigslist and watching to see if the listing is posted for a long time and if the poster drops their price as the item is reposted, There are also several online tractor sales outlets where you can look for similar models and evaluate their pricing.

You can list it on eBay with an attractive starting price but set a reserve which is hidden from potential buyers, That way you can see what kind of interest is generated in your tractor and yet will not be forced to sell for less than you are willing to accept.

Good luck and let us know how you make out with the sale of your B6000 and the acquisition of a B7100HST

If you include the tiller with the tractor will you get more than if you sell them seperately, I have found that many times package deals work out better for the buyer than the seller, Will you need the tiller for the B7100HST you intend to purchase, Sometimes (not always) selling items seperately may generate a quicker sale and a higher sale price than a combined sale, This means that you could sell the tractor and keep the tiller or sell the tiller seperately, A buyer may or may not want the tiller so any potential buyer could be told a price for the tractor and offered the tiller for an additional price.

Dixie-B6000

Equipment
Kubota L5240, LA854 W/QA
Apr 13, 2011
Enterprise, AL
Thank you that will help me in my decision on pricing it. It is a 4wd and I also have loader i can sell with it but its not like the ones I've seen on here. Its has single action lift cylinders with a manual dumb bucket and its controlled with the 3point control level. Switched between controlling the loader and 3 point with peacock valve (believe that is what its called) everything works great except one cylinder on loader leaks and tiller has one seal that leaks.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Why not have both? I've got a B6000DT and a B7100DT. I use them both most everyday. I don't have to change implements as often either.

kytim

Dixie-B6000

Equipment
Kubota L5240, LA854 W/QA
Apr 13, 2011
Enterprise, AL
Yea i would love too but, to be honest i really don't have use for 1 tractor much less 2 lol. This is kinda of a hobby im doing just fixing up stuff cause i'm 30yrs old, single and no kids. So while im not working at "work" i just pittle around at the house fixing stuff just to occupy my time!! I guess i could start a little buisness doing landscape work or something?

JosephC

Equipment
2008 BX2660, 2005 ZD21,2000 B2400, 1995 B7200,2005 B7800
Apr 20, 2011
North Central Pennsylvania
I think you should have 2 tractors if you already got the tiller,till peoples flower beds,gardens, or what ever. I feel this way, if you have the tools and not afraid to use them use them to make a buck. I have been out of the mowing business for a while but still have not stopped mowing peoples lawns. I Agree with Kytim then. On this past saturday I moved 3 loads of dirt and had 3 of my tractors running at the same time. My B7800 with the loader, run by my future son-in law to haul dirt to several places in my lawn. My B2400 run by myself to spread the dirt around and smooth out the area with my loader and backblade, then my BX2660 with the stonerake to remove the big gooner rocks.

Hook

Equipment
L3240 with LA514 FEL, Box Blade, Howard Rotovator, All Purpose Plow, Sub Soiler
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia
When you decide what you are asking could you post a picture?

Dixie-B6000

Equipment
Kubota L5240, LA854 W/QA
Apr 13, 2011
Enterprise, AL
Here's some pics. Im still undecided on if im gonna sell it. Its a grey market along with the loader and tiller

This is with only the subframe still in it.

This is when i first got it

Last edited: