B6000 Oil Change Questions

grnlark

Equipment
B6000
Apr 1, 2012
Rocky Hill, CT
At the risk of sounding like a total amateur here (which I really am not), I have what might be some dumb questions... My B6000 is the first diesel tractor (or anything diesel for that matter) that I have ever owned. As such, I'm a bit more cautious when I'm doing any routine maintanence.

Naturally, I want to do an oil change as I have no clue when it was last changed. The oil drain plug is obvious on the bottom of the oil pan. The fill cap appears obvious as well - I say "appears" because I'm not fluent in Japanese sybolism, so what the cap is actually telling me might be the recipe for a Poo-Poo Platter. Who knows? It's located up near the radiator on the drivers side and twists off. But there's no dipstick? How do we gauge the oil level in the motor?

And am I totally blind, or does this motor not run an oil filter?

I do have 15W-40 to put in it and I do know the oil in the air cleaner needs to be changed as well.

Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Matt

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
Different tractor but my dipstick is hidden down near the starter. Check both sides of the tractor down in that area. It may also be under the oil fill cap, speaking it which if you think that is the cap remove it and have a whiff. If you're right it'll smell like engine oil and diesel smoke. By the way your 15W-40 is a diesel rated oil not a gasoline oil right?

grnlark

Equipment
B6000
Apr 1, 2012
Rocky Hill, CT
Well it turns out the oil dip stick was un fact under the starter. Thanks for the clue! Oil is changed and everything is running good. Thanks!