B6000 clutch or transmission issue?

dvanpelt

Equipment
B6000
Jan 4, 2021
Yakima WA
This morning I had warmed up my B6000 to use the back blade to move some snow, and after I had got back on from opening the gate, I got about 6 feet and lost power accompanied with a spinning/grinding sound. I shut down and checked everything externally and found no problems. I started it back up and got about 6 feet and the same thing happens. It happens in every gear forward and reverse. To avoid any further damage I haven't got it back to the shop yet. Any ideas if it may be a clutch issue or the rear shaft of the transmission? Before I start tearing it down I wanted to see if anyone could point me in the direction to look first. It's a fantastic little tractor and I am just about to mount a FEL to it. Any ideas are appreciated. Thank you all for your help!

RandR10

Equipment
LB2204 (Kioti version of L2204)
Jun 17, 2021
Raleigh, NC
It's hard to tell whether grinding noise is transmission or clutch based on your description, but broken shafting/gears as well as a worn out clutch could cause the behavior (moves a short distance then won't go any more). Could be that you have one gear with a few broken teeth that will work fine until it rotates all the way around back to the broken section. That's sort of what it sounds like, maybe something that drives off the input shaft since it's the same in all gears.

dvanpelt

Equipment
B6000
Jan 4, 2021
Yakima WA
It's hard to tell whether grinding noise is transmission or clutch based on your description, but broken shafting/gears as well as a worn out clutch could cause the behavior (moves a short distance then won't go any more). Could be that you have one gear with a few broken teeth that will work fine until it rotates all the way around back to the broken section. That's sort of what it sounds like, maybe something that drives off the input shaft since it's the same in all gears.
Thank you very much for the reply! I will start looking there.