B5001 vs. 1501DT vs. B7000

greenghost45

Jun 14, 2010
Quadra Island, BC
Hello;
I'm brand new to OTT but I have wanted (needed?) a small 4x4 tractor for years. We have worn out a couple of gas riding mowers on our 5 acre hobby farm and I am always thinking of the ways I could use a FEL as well. There are a number of Kubotas coming up at RB auctions in my region, including the above models. I believe these are gray markets and some have FELS, some don't. I will only bid/buy if I have inspected the unit, or someone I trust has. I would be satisfied with a unit without a FEL, providing it can be added later. I would appreciate any tips, suggestions, or feedback on these models. Thanks!:)

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
There is a link somewhere here for grey and export market units.
I don't see a problem with grey market items, as the Canadian dealers tend to be much more tolerant of them than our neighbors to the south. The local dealer has a B7001 parts manual, and ha ordered whatever I have needed.

Mine came with a loader and 2 point tiller, I expect such units are going for over $5000 up to $7000 now.
Some considerations. If you are working rough ground the rice paddy tires are great, and backing out from a gravel pile with a full bucket needs the ag tires and 4wd. The ag tires do make a mess of the lawn if you are mowing, but turf tires don't offer much traction in mud or snow.
You really need to figure out what jobs you plan to be doing. For me the choice was easy, as I have lawn tractors for the mowing.

For implements, the under 20hp units ( like mine ) are limited in what they can operate properly.

lovretired

Equipment
Kubota B7100
Jun 7, 2010
Chesterfield, Va. USA
Morning, I have just gotten a B7001 and need to rebuild the engine, however, having problems finding parts for it. Is there a way I can get the address of the dealer you have? Thanks for any help you can give.

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
The B7001 uses the standard D750 engine, same as is used in export models. For local sources, simply order from a B7100 (I believe) parts manual. I am sure Vic can get you all the parts you need more easily than my local dealer.

I have the parts manuals here if you need them.

Here's who I deal with - just a few miles from home.

http://www.avenuemachinery.ca/