B348-7 to B6000 hookup problem

chip

Equipment
B6000
Oct 28, 2009
Danbury, Ct USA
The B348-7 mower deck I purchased this past winter does not seem to hookup to my B6000. I have a hub city reverser and the PTO shaft is too long. I put one end on the pto shaft on the tractor, as it comes apart easy, and hooked the mower deck on the three point hitch, but the u-joints are just about touching each other. It does not seem to be able to cut this much off each end. The lower link arms are 23" long. It is an aftermarket three point hitch kit made for the Kubota B series tractors. Thanks in advance for any and all help. It is in the fifty degree range today and mower time is soon to arrive.

Green Mountain Slim

Equipment
Kubota B8200, Kioti C2610 Cab, BX1500, B7100 (kinda)
Feb 23, 2010
Morrisville, Vermont
Is the B6000 really as popular as it seems from the number of posts on OTT, or am I just seeing what I want to see bcause I found one that need a little TLC? :D

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Is the B6000 really as popular as it seems from the number of posts on OTT, or am I just seeing what I want to see bcause I found one that need a little TLC? :D
That's funny, I was thinking the same thing! There's even a group just for the B6000 owners. I wonder if those guys get together and talk about everybody that doesn't have a B6000 :rolleyes:

Scott

TopGear

Mar 21, 2009
Australia
If you have a B6000 you are a special person:D Yes there is a secret club also along with a secret handshake so that we can identify one another and make sure no B6100 or B7100 owners don't slip in :p We have an annual conference in Las Vegas every two years as well - invite only ;)

Seriously - not sure how many out there. One thing I think is that they get knocked a lot because of the CCW turning pto and I think people head to the net to try and find out how much of an issue this is and then find there is a heap of information available for them on the net. So they get talked about a lot.

Its funny they are actually not a grey market machine and here in Australia I can get any part I have every wanted direct from my local dealer.

I think they are a get buy - built like tank and because of the CCW pto you can usually talk the owners down and get them dirt cheap. All parts are available from your local kubota dealer and nearly any implement apart from a posthole digger can be pretty be easily made fit. Did I also mention they have an oil bath air filter and a oil screen only hence they are also super cheap to maintain;)

Also apart from the motor (2 cylinder) they are nearly part for part identical to a B6100.

I have been really impressed with mine. It now holds a special place in my heart - maybe its popular because its the underdog and everyone likes to back an underdog!!!

At different times I call mine the 'Beast' or the 'Barbarian' and my kids gave it the name 'TopGear' because I was always referring to it as a top bit of gear.

Just my 2 cents!

Cheers John

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
A secret handshake and Las Vegas every two years :eek:

Damn, I knew it :mad:

Now I want one :(

Acott

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
I had a B6000 paid $2900 for it, sold it two years later to a guy from the city for $4200. Just couldn't refuse that much money. Awesome little tractor. It's the one that got me hooked.:D Dusty