b2710 powerful enough for inverted blower?

Paul e

Equipment
2003 kubota b2710. LA402 loader
Nov 18, 2023
eastern ontario
hi. want to clear snow from 3kms of roads. want to use rear inverted blower. should I get a cab and blower for my b2710? or do I need a bigger tractor? thanks in advance..

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
As a 'hobby', you could use your 20 year old B2710...... but yeesh 3 KM/ 2miles of snow is a LOT of snow to deal with.
How wide is the road ? Best case is narrow,so one trip down, one back, done.
I'm thinking you'll probably need down,back,down again, back to garage ??

if you're young and have lots of free time...maybe.....
Then there's the 'what type of road'? paved, flat or gravel,hilly and lots of curves ?
Oh yeah the 'white' . Light and fluffy or ugh, heavy and wet ???

Have you considered a dedicated 'plow truck' ??
Also a front mounted blower would be better,especially if selfpowered and SSQA. Allows tractor to be used for other purposes easily. (BERCOMAC makes them, $$ but well built..)

You have lots of options,some better than others depending on your driveway, snowfall and wallet.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I think it comes down to PTO HP available. I believe my B2910 has 21 PTO HP. B2710 would likely be 18 or 19.

What PTO HP does the snow blower you are considering require?

Leads to Wolfman's conclusion I bet...

Paul e

Equipment
Nov 18, 2023
eastern ontario
As a 'hobby', you could use your 20 year old B2710...... but yeesh 3 KM/ 2miles of snow is a LOT of snow to deal with.
How wide is the road ? Best case is narrow,so one trip down, one back, done.
I'm thinking you'll probably need down,back,down again, back to garage ??

if you're young and have lots of free time...maybe.....
Then there's the 'what type of road'? paved, flat or gravel,hilly and lots of curves ?
Oh yeah the 'white' . Light and fluffy or ugh, heavy and wet ???

Have you considered a dedicated 'plow truck' ??
Also a front mounted blower would be better,especially if selfpowered and SSQA. Allows tractor to be used for other purposes easily. (BERCOMAC makes them, $$ but well built..)

You have lots of options,some better than others depending on your driveway, snowfall and wallet.
thanks Jay!
I should have clarified. It only needs to be 1 vehicle wide. I can't use a plow (on truck or tractor) as there are too many trees on side of road, nowhere to push snow to by mid-winter. And yes it's very hilly. Looks like I need a bigger (35? 40? hp) tractor that can run an big blower. We usually have 3' of snow on ground by end of winter..

Reactions: 1 user

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
and ground clearance.... don't forget about ground clearance.

guys I know who have sold their inverted blowers is almost always because they can't steer / drive through the deep snow while pulling the blower.

cheers

Paul e

Equipment
Nov 18, 2023
eastern ontario
thanks everyone. good advice. I need a bigger tractor! looking at this one:

thoughts?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
thanks everyone. good advice. I need a bigger tractor! looking at this one:

thoughts?
One question I would have is while you may have 3 feet of snow on the ground at the end of winter, how much would you be dealing with each time you used the snow blower?

If you answered this question previously, I apologize and missed it.

Do you get a rare 2' snow that you need to deal with? I would imagine not since a total of 3' at the end of snow season does not indicate that. Of course it is possible. We have historically gotten more than 2' of snow here where I live. BUT it is extremely rare.

No experience here with snow blowers...lot's of experience with asking questions that sometimes are irrelevant! LOL

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Why not a front mounted snowblower or
another option .
. an ATV with gas snowblower combo ??

for sure you need to get the snow far.far away so need a blower.....!

I have a dedicated riding blower ( old Craftsman,23HP, 40" BERCO blower). I'm not in a hurry and mostly paved driveways and it does get RID of the 'white'.

I know either of my suggestions are pricey BUT kinda nice to know EMS can get TO your house.
ATV could be useful during the other 3 seasons ???

options ,always looking for options.

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
I run a 63 inch snowblower with my LX2610 which I believes has 19 hp at the PTO. It does struggle with 8 inches of heavy wet snow, just have to go a little slower, does fine with 9 inches of dry snow. The cab on the tractor does make it really nice in the winter(think snow blowing in your t-shirt).

airbiscuit

Equipment
New Holland T2310, New Holland TC21D, Kubota l3010 GST, Farmall H
Mar 18, 2021
NW WI
I have a 40hp New Holland with a 68" MK Martin rear pull snowblower. I couldn't be happier.