B2650 Tractor crank

Halothane

Equipment
B2650
Sep 28, 2021
Washington
Video of problem:
B2650. Just had it serviced at Kubota a couple weeks ago. Put about 15 hours moving dirt around and doing some grading. Tractor has worked flawlessly. No issues whatsoever. Went to park it to switch out the front bucket and then went to restart it and nothing. Battery works and dash lights up, but no turnover or crank. I've checked the fuses and they are all in-tact. I'm thinking it's a safety switch. Any thoughts on what else it could be? My HST Pedal switch went out a few years ago but the symptoms were a little different (blown fuses).
Couple questions:
1. If it is a safety switch is there an easy way to find out which one without replacing each one by process of elimination?
2. If it isn't a safety switch what other areas should I look for?
3. Is bad OPC a possibility??
Thank you in advance for the help.

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
Kubota electrical systems are designed to be complex,thereby generating harness sales and business for dealers. If you buy a multimeter and take time learning to use it you can easily solve problems yourself. If your time is valuable and you don't want to take time learning how to use a meter you are better off earning money with your trade to pay a mechanic. Were lawyahoos not lurking behind every bush I'd draw up plans to temporarily circumventing/bypass all the fidigity bits in emergency.
If your shop manual has diagrams you can start from ignition switch tracing + circuit and start from starter tracing - circuit. I recommend clips for meter leads to free up your hands. Clip one lead to one side of safty device,connection or relay and secound lead to other side. If you see a voltage reading while attempting to crank,thats where problem is. To preserve battery, charge and more accurate voltage readings I reccomend disconnecting glow plugs during testing.

Reactions: 1 user

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Try to crank it while gently rocking the HST pedal.

I had to do that once when my L did something similar to yours.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
AS mentioned - touch all the levers and HST pedal you turn the key. Somewhere a safety switch is not doing the job.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Safety switch, PTO, HST pedal are the most likely candidates.
Check all the fuses!

Halothane

Equipment
B2650
Sep 28, 2021
Washington
Quick Update...First switch I tested was the HST Pedal. Started right up. Then replaced the HST Pedal Switch with a new one. Thanks everybody for the help.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Quick Update...First switch I tested was the HST Pedal. Started right up. Then replaced the HST Pedal Switch with a new one. Thanks everybody for the help.
Thanks for the update.

Glad you found it.