b2650 range selector

tallan

Equipment
b2650
May 19, 2020
Sanford
Just bought a 2018 b2650 and my hst range selector seems to be in need of adjustment. the lever doesn't line up with the ranges at all. how do I adjust this?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I thought there was an adjustment rod for the linkage...but I was mistaken.

Are you sure that you are "in gear" all the way? Try lightly touching the forward/reverse pedal slightly while attempting to change gear range and see if the lever slides further. Slightly touching the pedal rotates the gears so they align.

The only other thing that I can think of is that the shift lever itself has been tweaked. Is this a used machine or brand new? These tractors can sometimes be a PITA to shift ranges (hence the hst pedal trick). I can imagine that people get frustrated and force the lever perhaps bending it slightly.

They are even more so difficult to shift when in 4wd. The easiest thing to do in that case if the hst pedal doesn't do the trick, you can use the loader to take some pressure off the front axle (lift the front wheels slightly) and it should slip right into gear.

Last edited:

tallan

Equipment
b2650
May 19, 2020
Sanford
I thought there was an adjustment rod for the linkage...but I was mistaken.

Are you sure that you are "in gear" all the way? Try lightly touching the forward/reverse pedal slightly while attempting to change gear range and see if the lever slides further. Slightly touching the pedal rotates the gears so they align.

The only other thing that I can think of is that the shift lever itself has been tweaked. Is this a used machine or brand new? These tractors can sometimes be a PITA to shift ranges (hence the hst pedal trick). I can imagine that people get frustrated and force the lever perhaps bending it slightly.

They are even more so difficult to shift when in 4wd. The easiest thing to do in that case if the hst pedal doesn't do the trick, you can use the loader to take some pressure off the front axle (lift the front wheels slightly) and it should slip right into gear.
it has about 50 hours on it.

it is definitely out of adjustment almost like the its the wrong lever? when its in low it shows in the medium slot and medium is neutral and neutral is in between h and n. high is touching the fender.

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Maybe the fender is in the wrong place. :D

Looked at the illustrated drawings and there doesn't appear to be any adjustments. Bent parts?

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
There is no adjustable linkage for the range shift lever on my B2650. The shift arm at the tranny attaches with a spring pin to the shift lever.

Question: Does the tranny ever pop out of 3rd range? That would mean the fender cover is interfering with the lever enough that it won't shift positively into 3rd. Repair/adjust time. The only way I could see adjusting it is to remove from the tractor and bend it. Or maybe carefully grind a little fender plastic away enough to clear the lever.

But if you feel all shift ranges engage solidly when shifting, especially 3rd, then just get used to the quirk - or blackout the LMNH labels and re-label.

My shifter has always sat about 1/2" forward of all the labels on mine. I'm now so used to the shifter positions I don't often look anymore to check gear or shift.

JG4660

Apr 22, 2019
Buffalo
Take some good pics of yours for refernece and then go look at one at a dealer. See whats different. Should be able to figure it out.

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
I have a b8200 hst that suddenly does not want to shift between ranges? Any suggestions?
Start your own thread and you'll get more looks, since you have a completely different issue.