B2650 keeps blowing opc fuse

Popcornman

Equipment
B2650
Aug 22, 2021
Oklahoma
Was driving the tractor and the tractor just died I found the opc fuse blown. Now when I turn the key on it blows the 5amp fuse. I have unplugged the seat, and the neutral safety switch, also unplugged the alternator and still was blowing fuse. Also looking for a services shop manual.

Attachments

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I think others on OTT with the B2650 have had trouble with the HST pedal "neutral" switch causing those problems. I've been lucky so far with mine. Not sure if you meant the neutral switch on the range selector lever or the HST pedal. Also look for wires that might be getting or have been pinched and shorting to ground near those points. Apparently those HST pedal switches are prone to internal failures if I remember right.

Popcornman

Equipment
B2650
Aug 22, 2021
Oklahoma
I think others on OTT with the B2650 have had trouble with the HST pedal "neutral" switch causing those problems. I've been lucky so far with mine. Not sure if you meant the neutral switch on the range selector lever or the HST pedal. Also look for wires that might be getting or have been pinched and shorting to ground near those points. Apparently those HST pedal switches are prone to internal failures if I remember right.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Here are some schematics for the B2650 regarding the OPC

B2650 OPC.jpg

B2650 OPC wiring schematic.jpg

B2650 OPC wiring schematic 2.jpg

B2650 OPC location test.jpg

You need to go through the following test table to verify the operation of the various components. Difficult to do when the fuse is blowing.

B2650 test table.jpg

Sometimes it is just the OPC unit itself absent rodent chewed wiring.

The many safety switches usually fail by either not closing when they should or not opening when they should. A switch going to ground is unlikely.

Dave

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I ALSO UNPLUGGED ALL THE RELAYS ONE AT A TIME AND THEN PUT IN A NEW FUSE EACH TIME CAUSE IT STILL WAS BLOWING
You very likely have a wire rubbed through or chewed that is shorted to ground under the dash.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
If you remove the OPC 'controller' and the 5A fuse blows then the fault is in 10,11,12,13,14,15 or the wiring connecting them. if you disconnect all of the switches and it still blows...you'll have to look at 100% of the wires for shorts to ground.

Popcornman

Equipment
B2650
Aug 22, 2021
Oklahoma
Ok found the 1 problem the pto switch had broken and was shorting out the fuse. Replace with new part. It has stop blowing fuse and I can a LCD screen now. But itbstill will not start. Any input?

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Ok found the 1 problem the pto switch had broken and was shorting out the fuse. Replace with new part. It has stop blowing fuse and I can a LCD screen now. But itbstill will not start. Any input?
Won’t crank at all (turn over) or engine won’t fire off and run?

Will not start describes both so please explain what you mean more precisely

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Study the safety switch table provided in post #5.

Any line that has a "Can not Start" is a possibility. HST switch features prominently in the table.

With some thinking and a little experimenting, you can quickly rule out some switches.

Look at lines 1 to 4 as an example. HST switch and pto switch

Now that the 5 amp fuse is not blowing, double check the 30 amp one. Unlikely because if it were blown you would still hear the starter relay click.

Dave