B2650 - Good deal?

MyMonyPit

Equipment
B2650HSD, LA534A FEL, MMM
Jun 24, 2017
Grubville, MO
First post but I've been lurking for a couple pf months trying to learn what I can about Kubotas. I plan on picking up a used B2650 purchased by the original owner in March/April of this year. It comes with a 60" mower deck and a couple of dealer installed options; the ratcheting lift rod kit and telescopic lower link kit. The tractor only has 20 hrs on it and is garaged stored. Is $14k a good price?

I plan on installing a FEL and getting a rotary cutter for it. Any recommendations on the cutter?

Thanks for your help in getting me this for.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Sounds like a good deal. Will he let you take it to a dealer to check it out?
Check out the list on Kubota's build it site..it's close to $20k.
Depending on what you are cutting, it's either rotary or finish mower. Both cut but one is preferred for a lawn while the other can cut fields well. NOT a bush hog mind you but still good for weeds and small saplings.
Try pricing the tractors on tractorhouse.com and see what they are selling for.
It will help you decide if you are getting a good deal or should ask for a better one. Condition and operation is key.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Nah, terrible. You should tell me where it is so I can save you the trouble!

I originally wanted either the B2650/L2501. But ultimately my desire for the backhoe won out and I went BX...

TheDon81

Equipment
Hopefully a BX23S soon
Jun 13, 2017
Pelham, NH
My only suggestion is find out the cost of a FEL and add it to the price and see how far off from new it is. I was looking for a TLB and most tractors for sale around me had only FEL some nothing and when I factored in the cost it wasn't far off from new and I got 0%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyMonyPit

Equipment
Jun 24, 2017
Grubville, MO
Been trying to look at numbers every which way. It appears that to add an FEL with 60" bucket and QA would be around $3800-$3900. Build your own puts this tractor at $24,026 in this configuration with FEL and mower. Figuring sales tax and all, this seems like an all right deal.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Figuring sales tax and all, this seems like an all right deal.
It does. Is the tractor still being used or is it parked? The 50 hour checkup often points out issues with the tractor. The warranty IS transferable but a dealer will have to take care of that for you.
If you can get that tractor and it's warranted and there is nothing wrong you should go for it. And your FEL numbers are pretty close. Maybe when it needs it's 50 hr service you can have a dealer do it and put the FEL on.
Best of luck to you.

Last edited:

MyMonyPit

Equipment
Jun 24, 2017
Grubville, MO
It's parked now. Cemented the deal. He'll check with the dealer he purchased it from and confirm the warranty date but he thinks it started in April. Absolutely clean machine as it should be with only 20 hrs. Parks it in his garage which was immaculate also. The whole house was. He seems pretty anal about his stuff which is a good thing. Appreciate the input!