B2620 LA365 Loader "Quick Attach" Options?

PorkChopsMmm

Equipment
BX2370
Jan 16, 2015
GR Michigan
From doing my searching here and on the internet at large it appears that the only two ways of getting quick attach pallet forks and I broke them out into pro's/con's below. Can you all confirm if I am correct? Maybe something new has come out recently? My main goal is to get pallet forks that attach to the tractor without the bucket to, to save weight, and to not have it cost a lot.

Kubota brand QA adapter PN# 1658
Pros: Adapter costs ~$250 and can use the existing bucket.
Cons: The pallet forks are more expensive than SSQA forks, supposedly are heavy, and you are limited to the attachments Kubota sells without customizing.

Kubota brand SSQA adapter PN# B2366
Pros: Any SSQA attachments can be used (if they are light weight enough) so attachments can be sourced for a cheaper price or easier to find on the used market.
Cons: Adapter costs ~$450 and cannot use the existing bucket -- need to weld bracket to existing bucket or buy new.

From what it looks like, even though the SSQA adapter allows a greater use of attachments I most likely won't use that many and the requirement to get some welding/fab work done to use a bucket greatly increases the cost and complexity.

It sounds like I would be better off buying the Kubota QA adapter and to try and source the Kubota branded forks for as cheap as possible.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
I would never dream of buying a kubota only QT accessory. The first time you have to buy an implement, the reduced price of the SSQA attachment vs a comparable kubota one will pay for the SSQA adapter.

Its VERY easy to find buckets, forks, grapples, you name in in SSQA format....try to find those that will fit your specific Kubota adapter, if they exist they will be many times more expensive, and also you won't find them used.

I picked up a 66" tooth bucket in SSQA style for $300. Forks for $450.

JMO, buy the SSQA and you'll NEVER regret it.

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 B2620, LA364 FEL,rear remotes,grapple pallet forks, many other toys.
Nov 11, 2012
NC
I would have liked to had the SSQA but at the time it wasn't available for la364 and the cost of a new bucket or modifying mine wasn't something I wanted to do at the time.
I have the 1658 adapter, and bought a cheap set of pallet forks and made brackets that I welded to it to adapt it with pins.
Either way, it is nice to be able to change quickly and after I considered both I figured I am pretty limited to the number of loader attachments I'd be able to use with the limited lift capacity anyway.

It always comes down to you how much is it worth to you..

Good luck with whichever you choose.

rtgt

Equipment
B3200
Jul 30, 2015
Kentucky
I went with the SSQA for my B3200.

I bought a 54" bucket to replace the 60" pin on. Most of my work is in dirt or rock and the 60" was just more than I needed or could use.

Going to work the 54" and if I miss or want the 60" option, I'll make it SSQA. If not I'll sell it for a few bucks.

One thing for sure, I'll never buy another pin-on loader...:D

Attachments

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
How exactly does the Kubota 1658 adapter work? You have to pull pins to change the implement?
Will there be any issues down the road if pin wears over time?

I may get one or the Tach-N-Go system.

waross

Equipment
BX2670
May 26, 2016
Hobart, Indiana
I have a BX2670 and recently purchased a Tach-N-Go from mytractortools.com. Jerry was very responsive and got it within three days. Love it. Just unclip the connects on the side drop the bucket and pick up the grapple. Easy as pie.
Here is a link to a video of it in action: https://youtu.be/6irry_PCY-w

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The Tack-and-go is only for BX's it will not work on other tractors! ;)

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I have the Kubota 1658 pin type quick coupler on my B2920. I have a set of the Kubota forks, bucket and made a snowplow for the coupler. I really like it and it works slick. It takes about 45 seconds to get off pull both pins and get back on tractor to move to the next attachment. Unless you are going to get a lot more attachments, this coupler works great and takes no more time to use then the SSQA. With the SSQA hitch you still have to get on and off the tractor to open and close the latches.

Spectre381

Equipment
Kubota B2650, LA534 FEL, SGC0660 Grapple, 42" forks, ballast box, ratchet rake
Aug 18, 2016
NC
I have a BX2670 and recently purchased a Tach-N-Go from mytractortools.com. Jerry was very responsive and got it within three days. Love it. Just unclip the connects on the side drop the bucket and pick up the grapple. Easy as pie.

Here is a link to a video of it in action: https://youtu.be/6irry_PCY-w

That storage system is awesome!! I've got to make one for myself...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
From doing my searching here and on the internet at large it appears that the only two ways of getting quick attach pallet forks and I broke them out into pro's/con's below. Can you all confirm if I am correct? Maybe something new has come out recently? My main goal is to get pallet forks that attach to the tractor without the bucket to, to save weight, and to not have it cost a lot.

Kubota brand QA adapter PN# 1658
Pros: Adapter costs ~$250 and can use the existing bucket.
Cons: The pallet forks are more expensive than SSQA forks, supposedly are heavy, and you are limited to the attachments Kubota sells without customizing.

Kubota brand SSQA adapter PN# B2366
Pros: Any SSQA attachments can be used (if they are light weight enough) so attachments can be sourced for a cheaper price or easier to find on the used market.
Cons: Adapter costs ~$450 and cannot use the existing bucket -- need to weld bracket to existing bucket or buy new.

From what it looks like, even though the SSQA adapter allows a greater use of attachments I most likely won't use that many and the requirement to get some welding/fab work done to use a bucket greatly increases the cost and complexity.

It sounds like I would be better off buying the Kubota QA adapter and to try and source the Kubota branded forks for as cheap as possible.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!
Did you get the ssqa?

Just an fyi, If your doing it yourself or paying someone else don't bother trying to cut the ears "off" the stock bucket, its much easier to remove the pin on brackets by cutting two windows out of the back of the bucket. When you add the 1/4 or 3/16 adaptor plate you can weld the edges of the cutout area, it will cover the holes and actually make it stronger than new.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
With the SSQA hitch you still have to get on and off the tractor to open and close the latches.
Unless.... you install the electric or hydraulic latch system, then you never have to even get out of the seat. :p