B2601 loader removal

slauso

Equipment
B2601,LA434 loader
Apr 7, 2018
canada
Just wondering if anyone else has scratched there hood while removing/installing the loader. One of the steel hydraulic lines seems to hit the hood if the tractor is not lined up perfectly.

psdstu

Equipment
M7060HDC, L4060 HTSC, B2601, RTV1140
Dec 20, 2015
Marianna
I have about a 6" scratch on the hood where I must have hit the hyd line fittings. I noticed it the other day. They dont give you alot of room on either side so just have to be real careful.

slauso

Equipment
B2601,LA434 loader
Apr 7, 2018
canada
The 2601 decal is all scratched as well as the hood. I think the dealership is going to replace the decal as well as paint the hood. I had a bx2230 for 13yrs and never had any issue removing and installing the loader.

Attachments

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Well I've come close but so far so good. It help to be on a very level surface and go slow. Don't just tip the bucket and hope for the best. Nudge it until it breaks free and see how it wants to swing. You can almost steer out of the bucket with no problem if you are careful.

thebicman

Equipment
B2601 + BX2755HD + 50" box blade
Feb 2, 2017
Ottawa, ontario
Yup. Been there and done that. Pictures from SLAUSO looks just like my hood. Going to touch up the scratches to prevent rust and replace the Kubota decal. When I first saw what I did my initial thought was replace the hood. Checked the price and that's not going to happen any time soon. Just need to be more aware next time.

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
If it's anything like the BX23s, Level ground is almost mandatory.

taking it of is easy, putting it back on, I always get off and look real close to make sure the bottom pins are sitting firmly in their cradles.

I take mine off every week to mow... just to keep the process fresh in my mind.

slauso

Equipment
B2601,LA434 loader
Apr 7, 2018
canada
quick update: Kubota has agreed to replace the hood and decal. The hydraulic lines that came with the loader should have been straight where they connect to the rubber hydraulic lines. I showed my dealer pics of LA434 loader that had the straight lines. His parts listing only shows the straight steel lines. Kubota will replace the curved steel lines with the straight lines also. Will post pics when the warranty repair has been completed.