B2601 but what implements and attachments?

Dontwannaflip

Equipment
2016 B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Dec 11, 2016
Kitsap,WA
Thank you Rad8tion. That's good news to hear regarding success with a 60" box blade on your B2601. In addition to the greater width/capacity, it seems like 60" is about the dividing line between the lighter-duty and heavier-duty box blades. If I can go heavy-duty, I generally do.

Bulldog777

Equipment
L3200, RTA1266, Modern 5' BB, Mustang 60 FM
Jan 25, 2017
Texas
A BB is a good investment. You will find you can do a lot with them. I have fixed roads, spread gravel, and landscaped with mine(took a hill down). And occasionally take out some small unwanted brush. Also, I've tilted it and made ditches with it also.
I have a 5' BB and it fits my machine perfect. I have a 5.5' Rototiller and I have to be careful going thru gates and other things, as it sticks out on both sides of the back wheels. Something to think about.
Everything Attachments has some great videos on implements on YouTube. The only problem is...you're gonna want another toy....:eek:....I meant TOOL! :p

Dontwannaflip

Equipment
2016 B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Dec 11, 2016
Kitsap,WA
I stopped at my local Kubota dealer today to ask for a price quote on the Kubota-brand pallet forks for my B2601 LA434 loader with quick attach.

I was told that Kubota does not make pallet forks and I was shown a third party option (non-OEM) which looked fine, but after I left I was confused because I remembered seeing pallet forks as an option on the "build-it" portion of the Kubota website.

So who makes the pallet forks shown on the Kubota website?

The third party forks actually looked a little more stout than the ones in the Kubota photo and probably about $200 cheaper too. I'll have the same question for the dealer next time I stop in, but I wondered what experience others have had with the supposed unicorn Kubota forks. (Picture of website photo of forks attached)

Attachments

FINN

Equipment
B2601 RTV900
Feb 24, 2017
MT RAINIER
I bought my Landpride #PFL2042 forks at the Kubota dealer. They are very heavy duty, 2100lb. capacity. There is no way I am going to hurt them with my B2601. Up until I bought a grapple the forks were the most used FEL implement I have.

Dontwannaflip

Equipment
2016 B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Dec 11, 2016
Kitsap,WA
I ended-up getting a Land Pride PFL also, but from a different dealer than my hometown dealer this weekend. It is a little-bit of overkill, but not as much overkill as what my dealer was selling and it was less expensive too.

n3ckf

Equipment
B2601 w/FEL + BH
Jun 5, 2016
Volcano, CA
Weird your dealer wouldn't sell you Kubota forks - I bought mine with the tractor no problem - even got them financed by Kubota

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Dontwannaflip

Equipment
2016 B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Dec 11, 2016
Kitsap,WA
My dealer would have sold me Kubota forks with some convincing. His starting position was to point at a pallet full of new fork frames from a brand I didn't recognize (not that I'm an expert) and try to sell me one of them. I know there will be a desire to get rid of in-stock items, but it is still frustrating.