B26 Hydraulic Side Link

Formal DeHyde

Equipment
B26, B7500
Jan 6, 2023
Canada
I noticed that there was not alot of detail on this in the forum, so thought I would post a couple of photos of a side link I recently made up, using a Princess Auto 4" stroke x 2" bore cylinder (which is the same size cylinder that Kubota would supply for a side link). I also benefited from the measurements provided in 70runner 's post on adapting a leveling box (DIY B26 leveling box) on this forum, so thank you for that.
For the ends I was lucky enough that the local dealer kindly gave me an old left side link, and I had an adjustable link to use as a template. Awkward to fit the 4" range in such a small side link, and have to cut a small amount of length off the piston when cutting the end off.
Used the Kubota side link to set the angle for the ends by cutting it off straight.
Need to be careful with cooling, given how short the piston is, and of course avoid spatter on the chrome. I pre heated a little and then cooled it quite aggressively while peening the welds with a needle scaler, used Arctec 223XC which I have had luck with previously on these cheap cylinders and rods, keeping to 3.2 mm and using short beads before cooling. I did buy a repair kit just in case I burnt a seal, but testing so far it seems OK.
Hope this is some help if you are making one up.
Top link, used a cheap top link cylinder from Vevor.
This side link is fed via diverter valves from one of the rear spool valves, so the diverter valves when closed give the option of locking the cylinder in place if one wants to do that.
15.25" closed length pin to pin.

Pictures follow, I hope..:
P2043494.JPG
P2043495.JPG
P2043496.JPG
P2043497.JPG
P2043498.JPG

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Using the B26 rear remotes?

Never like the little T-Rex 3pt arms on the B26. Modify was the first job.
IMG_0669.jpeg

Routinely run a 6’ finish mower.

Reactions: 1 user

Formal DeHyde

Equipment
B26, B7500
Jan 6, 2023
Canada
Yes, the standard Kubota rear remotes (2 spool) that came through whole goods.
Are you happy with the stabilizers? Was thinking of getting some from Mark Hodge.
Next step on the 3pt for me will be welding on Walterscheid hook and ball ends for quick attach. The arms are short!--basically the same as the B7510 it seems, but given how small the tractor is I felt it better to keep the weight as close as possible, will be using a 60" brush mower that is quite heavy (Woods).

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
My stabilizers are cheap import ($110 both). Used the same for the M59. So they are tough. Mark’s are much higher quality.
The Longer lift arms helps when connecting pto shafts.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas