B2400 runs for a second

Ayoungblood

Equipment
B2400, belly mower, loader
May 21, 2012
Ocala, fl
Hello,
After an afternoon of mowing, my b2400 was idling while I hopped off to open a pasture gate. It shut off. Like the key had been turned off.
Earlier, it had gotten hot because it was very dusty in pasture. I blew out the radiator and grills. When it shut off, the guage was half way - in the normal range - plenty of fuel.
I let it sit for a day and then topped off the radiator. It took about a quart.
Cranked it. It starts but runs for a second. It shuts off like you turned key off. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

Alan

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
The fact that it shut down after you got off makes me think it is a safety switch. That shouldn't let it fire up even for a second though.....
Have you tried bleeding the fuel lines?

-Check all the safety switches.
-Check and clean all grounds.

Ayoungblood

Equipment
B2400, belly mower, loader
May 21, 2012
Ocala, fl
Hi Gene,
I have not bled the fuel lines. I do not believe it be a safety because it shut off like a minute after getting off it and I do that all the time, get off for while while I open gates and things, load things into the bucket etc. Doesn't mean one of them couldn't have come loose (as the one on the clutch does all the time) and it will turn over and fire up but immediately shuts down. Could a clogged fuel filter cause this?

alan

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
I was thinking it might me the seat safety switch but if you don't have one then you are fine.

Plugged filter...sure!
Cheap, and easy fix.

topgunrzr

Aug 3, 2011
Pittsburgh
Hey Bud i got a bx2200 that did the same thing when you turn your key on do you hear a click ? yes or no if no more then likely your problem lies on the fuel shut off solenoid. you can put your hand on it and feel it as well. The solenoid is right on the side of you fuel pump on the side of the motor. It has 3 wires going to it. mine went bad an the tractor only has 503 hrs on it .