b2400 power steering leak

colby2

Equipment
b2400
Jan 15, 2015
eighty four
I can not figure out how to get the steering gear apart to replace the seal. The leaking seal is the one at the top of the box where the steering column attaches. The top of the box needs to come off to get to the seal and it will not come off it is attached to the pats inside the box the shaft wont drop down out of the top

looking at the parts manual there are two different steering boxes and the box i have is the second one shown in the manual and the service manual does not say anything about how to take the one i have apart

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There is actually 3 different boxes for that model.
Can you post a picture of the top of yours?

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the forum. Sorry about the steering problem.

WHeff

Equipment
B2400
Jun 18, 2022
Illinois
I can not figure out how to get the steering gear apart to replace the seal. The leaking seal is the one at the top of the box where the steering column attaches. The top of the box needs to come off to get to the seal and it will not come off it is attached to the pats inside the box the shaft wont drop down out of the top

looking at the parts manual there are two different steering boxes and the box i have is the second one shown in the manual and the service manual does not say anything about how to take the one i have apart
I have the exact same issue. Did you ever get this one figured out?