b2400 hydraulics help

ksingh

Equipment
b2400
May 9, 2021
Jackson, Wisconsin
hi guys. i have a b2400. i designed and built a front end loader for it. I am scratching my head on the hydraulics.
my controls have a port for pressure in (p) and fluid out (t) for to tank. I bought this block to tap into but there are two lines off it. Do Kubota hydraulic valves have two ports for pressure? if I am thinking this correctly I in need to make a line to connect the two ports and T off that line into my valve. As for the return line, can someone let me know where that goes in that transfer case?

b2400 block.JPG

Attachments

BobbyK

Equipment
1995 B2400
May 20, 2018
Petrolia, Ontario
Here's my post when I added my 2 spool valve to my B2400.

Last edited:

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
hi guys. i have a b2400. i designed and built a front end loader for it. I am scratching my head on the hydraulics.
my controls have a port for pressure in (p) and fluid out (t) for to tank. I bought this block to tap into but there are two lines off it. Do Kubota hydraulic valves have two ports for pressure? if I am thinking this correctly I in need to make a line to connect the two ports and T off that line into my valve. As for the return line, can someone let me know where that goes in that transfer case?

View attachment 59597
I'll take a shot at this and let someone correct me. You need a 3rd connection on your loader valve. Check the document that came with it and see if it references a 'power beyond' plug. You'll need this to supply your 3 pt. hitch.
What this block does is divert the flow from the 3ph to your loader. If you hooked a jumper hose between the 2 connections, your 3ph would work like it does without the block.
If you hooked up one hose to the pressure side of the block and the pressure side of your loader valve, and another hose from your loader valve to the tank (leaving the other side of the block disconnected), your loader would work but your 3ph wouldn't. This is where you need a hose from your loader valve 'power beyond' port to the other connection on your block to supply the 3ph.
The 'tank' connection from your loader valve can go back into the fill plug opening.
I guess the best way to figure out which port on your block is the supply side is to connect hoses to both of them and put the other end in a clean bucket. Start the tractor and see which one discharges fluid. That's the one to connect to your valve's 'P' port.

EDIT: or follow BobbyK's directions ;).

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
While not disagreeing with any of the previous posters I see other angles in this.

This block cover is located before the 3 pt hydraulics which is why one detail is critical.

The loader valve must have a pressure relief valve or the pump will be dead headed resulting in instant destruction..

The proper ports off the new block are critical otherwise you will be feeding the loader valve through its power beyond port which will not work.

Follow this marked up section from the WSM. Ask if you are not certain as with hydraulics there is no Lets try and see what happens

forum B2400 block.jpg

The last detail is to provide a TANK port for the loader relief valve to be able to dump fluid back into the transmission.

Dave

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
if I am looking at this right....the pressure relief should not be in the power beyond circuit. Please correct me if i am wrong.
View attachment 59609
I see a relief valve but I do not see a power beyond port sometimes called a High Pressure Carry Over or HPCO.

Usually the PB or HPCO is an option you buy to add on to the valve.

The P1 & P2 ports and the T1 & T2 are duplicates to just give you an option when you need room and the right direction to connect hoses to the valve.

The N port is likely now a plug. It gets removed and a sleeve screws into the valve body providing you with another place to connect a hose which is now your power beyond port.
forum B2400 schematic.jpg

forum B2400 pb sleeve.jpg

Dave

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
I am coming back to the forum because it allows others to see what is being said,

Don't make it too complicated.

The only place you can use a Tee is where a Tank line connects to the transmission. Otherwise, since you have an Open Center hydraulic system, a tee in any other line just bleeds off pressure and things do not work.

The risky part is not following the instructions I am giving you.

If you did not already do so, order the PB sleeve. Install it in the N port where presently there is just a plug. Likely the PB sleeve is less than $50.

The relief valve, if you plumb the hydraulic block cover properly, is first in the hydraulic circuit and therefore it protects everything else after it.

Again, it is not complicated it just needs to be done properly with no trial and error.

The image of the valve you provided shows the N port. In fact there may be two N ports just to give you flexibility in connecting the hose. You can see the N markings on the valve body clearer than I can to verify there are two N's.

forum B2400 valve N.jpg

forum B2400 pb sleeve.jpg

These sleeves, you only need one, are $22.50 from summit Hydraulics. Your valve is the P40 series.

PB sleeve

Dave

ksingh

Equipment
b2400
May 9, 2021
Jackson, Wisconsin
so the N port I was told does go through the pressure relief valve. But the shop page says no relief to the block. I just want to make sure I am getting this right in case the loader sets off the relief valve for some reason it does not stop fluid to the back of the tractor.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
so the N port I was told does go through the pressure relief valve. But the shop page says no relief to the block. I just want to make sure I am getting this right in case the loader sets off the relief valve for some reason it does not stop fluid to the back of the tractor.
This can be confusing for the novice but once you have done it once you will be offering advice to others. It is hard when you have two documents to refer to and neither knows anything about what the other document says.

The statement "No relief to the block," is the big caution to make certain any valve you connect to the hydraulic block outlet type has its own relief valve. If your new valve did not have its own relief valve, once your loader cylinders reached the end of its stroke, pressure would spike and the main pump immediately destroyed from being dead headed.

N does not go through the relief valve rather the relief valve is in the circuit before the PB outlet and because of this location provides protection to the PB circuit and also the 3 pt hitch even though there is a relief valve located with the 3 pt hitch controls.

The B7100 WSM has far clearer instructions for adding hydraulics. Note item #8 being a relief valve located as the first think after the block outlet.

forum B7100 relief valve.jpg

The above is a schematic intended to show how components are inter related and does not show exact components as the relief valve would not be a single component but built into the optional valve.

Dave