b2400 help on steering box top seal leak

ksingh

Equipment
b2400
May 9, 2021
Jackson, Wisconsin
so I have everything this far. The seal was leaking from the top so bought some new seals to thrown in there. I started to pull the top off but seemed like the entire assembly was coming with it? is that ok? or does that top casting part slip off the shaft??

Attachments

ksingh

Equipment
b2400
May 9, 2021
Jackson, Wisconsin
well, I ended up making a little puller to see if that would pop off that casting. I put some pressure on it and it did not seem to want to come off that shaft. I am thinking that assembly must pull out. As you start to lift the casting off it spins, It comes up an inch and than stops.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
any help on this out there??
It would help you get more responses if you provided more details on your tractor as there are a number of different B2400 models.

Messicks parts show two possible ps assemblies

forum B2400 H11501 .jpg

forum B2400 H11502.jpg

You may know the difference between the two above. Possibly one uses an external hydraulic ram to move the front wheels.

Are you doing this repair without the WSM? If so in my opinion it is not a wise move.

There are snap rings that must be removed before pulling. Perhaps you noticed then.

forum B2400 ps.jpg

I will send you a private message. Check for a red number in the upper right corner of your screen beside an envelope figure

Dave

Last edited:

ksingh

Equipment
b2400
May 9, 2021
Jackson, Wisconsin
Are you doing this repair without the WSM? If so in my opinion it is not a wise move.

There are snap rings that must be removed before pulling. Perhaps you noticed then.

View attachment 60231

I will send you a private message. Check for a red number in the upper right corner of your screen beside an envelope figure

Dave
the style in the book is different than what I have. there is no snap ring. From what I have learned. The entire box needs to come apart to get tp that seal.

Pakmak

Equipment
B2400
Aug 24, 2023
Michigan
the style in the book is different than what I have. there is no snap ring. From what I have learned. The entire box needs to come apart to get tp that seal.
Hello ksingh, I’m in the same boat, I can’t get the top cover removed and there are no snap rings. Can you please provide some directions on how you ended up removing the top cover? Also did replacing the top seal fix the leak?

Last edited by a moderator: