B2320 low power after service

jsramrod

Equipment
B2320
Jan 17, 2012
albany, ny
Hi All,

You all have helped me in the past and hoping someone has some wisdom. Did service last weekend, oil/filter, new air filter, front axle drain and re-fill, then drained the hydraulic system completely(finally found all 4 plugs), replaced both the hydraulic and HSD filters, filled it back up with Super UDT2 and thought I'd had a productive day. Went to mow leaves with my cyclone and almost stalled out the first large amount of leaves. Noticed with the throttle wide open I'm only hitting 2500-2600 rpms, and under load it's just not acting right and bogs down. Not sure what I've buggered up, but I've done something wrong, or didn't do something that I should have. Haven't replaced the fuel filter yet, need to pick one up and do that tomorrow. Any advice and help is, as always much appreciated.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Doesn't seem to me you did anything that COULD cause a stall/low rpm condition, as long as you got oils/fluids full and air filter in correctly.

Double-check air filter first, just to be sure.

I'm suspecting its coincidence, and a fuel problem.

How many hours since fuel filter change? Does your B have 2 fuel filters - one before lift pump and one before injection pump?

Getting any smoke, and what color is the smoke, if any?

EDIT: I checked parts diagram at https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/ , and you only have the 1 filter. Couple guys didn't realize they had 2 on other machines so equipped.

Last edited:

jsramrod

Equipment
B2320
Jan 17, 2012
albany, ny
It's at 410 hrs now and was last done by a dealer at around 250. Just a single filter as far as I can see and that's all the service manual indicates. No smoke other than when first starting, which is black, but clears up immediately after. Going to run out and pick up a fuel filter, then check the air filter this afternoon. Guess as a test on the air filter, I could just pull it off and run for a few minutes without and see what kind of power I get?

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Yep - just pull it out and run it to test.

Any funky HST noises you didn't hear before....3PH, FEL hydraulics or steering funny?? Doubtful, but only thing I can think of if somehow related to SUDT2 and filter change......is it a Kubota filter? Sometimes filters can be wonky, but it's rare.

NOTE: I did correct/clarify my earlier post - you do have the 1 filter.

jsramrod

Equipment
B2320
Jan 17, 2012
albany, ny
Today I took the air filter off and made sure I hadn't done something stupid, looked fine. No new noises, steering seems fine, and I had to put the plow on this morning because we got 6 inches of snow I had to clear. No problems with the plow movement. Replaced the fuel filter when I was done, added some fuel supplement, topped the diesel and ran it for a few minutes. Seems to be running fine, but hard to tell about the power, not really doing anything that would add load and the snow was light. I get about 2800 rpm with the throttle wide open, not sure what's normal though, just seems like it used to go higher. It's right in the orange range for the 540 PTO on the dial, doesn't go above it. oh, all filters were kubota filters. Not sure what else to do other than wait for a heavy snow to move around.

thebicman

Equipment
B2601 + BX2755HD + 50" box blade
Feb 2, 2017
Ottawa, ontario
You mentioned adding fuel treatment. Was there any in the diesel before this. Maybe due to temperature your diesel was starting to gel.

jsramrod

Equipment
B2320
Jan 17, 2012
albany, ny
I actually didn't have any fuel treatment in it prior to this, but didn't think it had been all that cold. Had gotten down in the 20's at night, but was probably 35 the day I noticed the problem.