B2320 looking for rotary cutter advice

jsramrod

Equipment
B2320
Jan 17, 2012
albany, ny
Hello,

Have a B2320 and am looking for a rotary cutter to take care of 2 acres of field, some small saplings, etc. Have read varying opinions on whether a 5' unit is appropriate, or whether a 4' is the one for this tractor. It seems based purely on specs that it can handle a 5 but wondered if anyone has any input or advice on that.

I've looked around a a number of manufacturers, but will probably end up with a CountyLine(King Kutter) from Tractor supply as that's the closest to me. If a 4' is the one, they have two of them, one says for a subcompact and has two trailing wheels instead of one. Didn't know if that mattered either way. From what I've read the 2320 is a category 1, so could handle either.

Thanks for any advice, appreciate the help.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
I run a 4' Deere grass grinder on my B7610. It doesnt know its back there. Cat 1. Depending on conditions, you could probably run a 5', but some narrower passes may be needed.

jsramrod

Equipment
B2320
Jan 17, 2012
albany, ny
Sounds like the 4' is a safer bet. For the amount of cutting I have to do, the extra foot isn't going to save a whole lot of time.

Thanks for your reply.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
I didnt even see that your from Albany, Im 15 mins east of Troy. It took me a few months to track down a local 4'. I couldnt afford a new one at the time. Stump Jumpers are a nice option to have on them. Mine doesnt have one, but Im quick to raise the hitch if I dont like the noise from back there.

jsramrod

Equipment
B2320
Jan 17, 2012
albany, ny
Picked up a 4' at Tractor Supply on Friday, the dual trailing wheel model. It's a countyline brand but pretty sure is the Tarter unit. Got it all put together and adjusted and did a small mow yesterday. Cut nicely, went through some 1" pieces or so. Parked it in the driveway and was going to move the fields today since it's a perfect day for it and of course there was a puddle under what I think is a transfer case right around the middle of the tractor. Checked the bolts that I could see, but it's leaking pretty good so there goes getting that done today. Not sure what could have happened to start that, but I can't get it stopped so off it'll have to go to Sharon Springs garage.