B2320 HST chattering

Jtryan

Equipment
B2320
Jan 17, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Hi I have a 2015 b2320 with 20 hours on it and I noticed when I was mowing my lawn a while back that when I go up a slight incline with tractor the HST makes a chattering/ rattling sound..... So I've been playing around with it and it seems to do it when HST has slight load on it or even if I put gas pedal Down in one shot instead of doing it gradually.
I read up online and some say it could be some kind of pressure relief !??

I first noticed this at the 10 hour mark so maybe this is normal!?
I just want some input before I call dealer since they always seem to find a way not to replicate the sound
Thanks

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Have you checked to make sure the Hydraulic Oil is at the correct level?

melvinhatcher

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525FEL, 66" QA BUCKET, L8455CRUISE CONTROL KIT, WR LONG 3RD FUNCITIO
Feb 16, 2016
Edgewood Maryland
:)I agree with what MadMax31 said, see what happens in Low and Medium range.;)

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
My thought is, coming from a hydronic background, which is likely not very close to hydraulic....

Your getting some cavitation at that exact load and RPM of engine. RPM having bearing on hydraulic flow and pressure. Load being the resistance to forward motion. Any way you can get a vid of it? Mowing is a large load and add a hill and you could be popping relief. Mimic the situation in LO and see if it makes the same noise.

I have a 2 range HST, HI is useless unless Im buzzing around yard or driveway. Its been stated to push pedal halfway instead of flooring it. My HST if I floor it its full power nothing held back, which is a huge load on HST system if your already in a situation where your "lugging" things.