B2320 50 hour maintenance

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Perhaps some of you can enlighten me.
When I purchased my tractor and it was delivered it was suggested to me t that time that the Kubota service center did the 50 hour maintenance rather than do it myself. Now I am approaching the 40 hour mark and looking into this and my manual has only a few things which require attention at this interval. There is certainly nothing in that schedule that is too difficult for me to handle.
Am I missing something? Does the dealer do more than the list advises when they have it? Or is this just a way to get a few bucks into the service center?
It seems like overkill to me to have it hauled away to do simple maintenance.
What do (did) most of you do at this 50 hour interval?

Thanks for any insight.

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
I did mine myself. Really not much to it. Just read your manual before you start and make sure you have the proper filter wrench. I would recommend buying OEM filters and fluids.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
First off how much did they say it was going to cost you?
Secondly, and Im not trying to take work from a dealer they have families too, but most dealers rape their customers on shop rates, sorry but 85 bucks an hour is a bit out of my price range, unless I cant do it my self.. And this you can!
If you are the slightest bit mechanically inclined ,a couple hours , only because you need to look around and become a bit more acquainted with your machine.
Most will tell you you need to change the hydro oil,,,
ehhh not really, a new filter YES, OEM
change the engine oil YES, any 15w30 diesel rated oil will work, I use M1
change the oil filter YES, there are crosses out there but I use OEM filters,your choice
Change air filter, again OEM
and the tran filter screen needs to be cleaned,,,
have a CLEAN 5 gallon bucket and fine filter like a fine paint strainer for this one, cause when you pull it out, yep hydro comes out as well..
unless you have somebody with a big thumb to stick in the filter hole really fast,, :D
Its not hard and there are guys in here that will walk you through, easy peazy.
Next maintenance you might think about changing out the hydro to SUDT, I think its about 80 bucks a 5 gallon bucket USD.
Most of all relax and learn about your machine and trust me you will be happier and know more and be safer that you were before you started.

jpf

Feb 26, 2016
butler, ga USA
hey skeets,
I have a b-2301 but can't find a reference to a trans filter screen in the owners manual?
does the b-2301 have one? is this only for manual transmissions?
or is this for the 2320 but not 2301 model?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
jpf yeah your right, Im sorry I got carried away, the BX has the screen

thebicman

Equipment
B2601 + BX2755HD + 50" box blade
Feb 2, 2017
Ottawa, ontario
Why wouldn't you change the hydro oil. For a hundred bucks all your fluids are new. The manual says no but think of all the crap that's floating around from assembly. Small price to pay to ensure all is good.

BravoXray

Equipment
BX-25D, Ford 9N, Bobcat 825. Too many implements to list
Feb 6, 2014
Lake Winola,PA.
Don't forget the front axle fluid levels, mine were low at fifty hours, but have held fine for the last hundred or so.
My manual doesn't do the screen until four hundred hours. When I complete that maintenance I will go to SUDT.

Jerry

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Why wouldn't you change the hydro oil.
I haven't been under the tractor yet so forgive the stupid question. Can you change the hydro filter without draining the oil? Unless I am mistaken you lose the oil during that change.....is that correct?

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
I asked the tech that delivered mine about taking it in for the first service and he said it was simple and I could do it myself since I had 8Ns and maintained them. I only have 25 hours but already picked up filters and fluids to do the job. Another member told me about the shop vac trick for changing filters.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Another member told me about the shop vac trick for changing filters.

I must have missed that memo, would you explain this trick :confused:

jpf

Feb 26, 2016
butler, ga USA
when I did my 50 hr service I had the new filter gasket oiled up and ready to go, when I removed the old filter I put the new one on as quickly as I could and lost less than a quart of fluid, not bad.