B2150 reassembly - UDT vs 80/90 again

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I thought I understood, but began to question myself, and reading old posts has not given me that warm fuzzy feeling.

I was under the impression that my B2150D should be running UDT other than the front diff. And when I needed to top it off, that's what I put in it. Then the clutch went out and that project kept being pushed back, and running into problems. Finally got around to splitting it and putting in the new clutch. Of course that requires draining. I've worked around cars and trucks all my life, and I recognize the smell of 80/90 Hypoid gear oil. It is a gear trans, no HST, so as I recall (and read), the gear trans without loader runs the 80/90. But this was ordered as a TLB.

Again, as I think I understand, assuming the gear oil was added by the PO, this is not a disaster, but should run the UDT for overall improved performance and longevity of the hydraulic system. At this moment, I've got UDT for the refill, and a new filter to put on a short time after refill so the old filter can catch any accidental contamination.

The question is, do I have all this correct? Is there anything I've failed to understand?