B2150 HST - no manual, no stickers

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Unfortunately the 2150 I picked up yesterday has no manual, and the cheap printed stickers are completely illegible. I was able to work out the basics, but still not sure about all the controls. This started in the manuals forum, but I moved here for actual operation questions.

First off, I'm not really fond of the single lever loader control. Is it just something I will like when I get used to it, is it just a bad idea, or is something wrong with it? Also, why is there a floating weight(?) on the shaft? That aluminum slug/disk thing...

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
The heel lever is clearly the diff lock, though it's bent and I'm not sure yet if it works, will need to investigate. But what is that double gate lever above? It's a really cheesy piece of strap stock that goes alone down one slot, and engages another lever with detent when you move down the other slot. What is it?

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
The main shifter I seems pretty self evident, once I mark it or get it engrained in my head which is which. But the 2 lower levers are not so clear to me. The bent one that comes out toward the wheel seems to be the 4WD, though it's unclear what position does what. The one coming out forward toward the front is what, the PTO? And where is the low range selector?

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
There are 2 floating rods on the left side of the loader frame. Can anyone tell me what their purpose might be? Also 2 bolt lugs on the top of the bucket, no idea what they are for either. But the bucket clearly needs straightening...

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
View of the rear. I left the heavy grader blade back there for now to give some weight. As appears usual, the draw bar is MIA, and I also note the right side hoe mount wing is bent and just touching the tire sidewall, so I'll need to straighten that when I straighten the bucket.

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
And just to be complete a few full view shots just in case anyone cares, or maybe spots something I may have missed.

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I just went out and was looking it over again and realized, I'm not 100% sure on the glow plug operation. Is it key left and hold like on my B7100? If so, the switch appears to be bad because it does not automatically return to center. Assuming center/vertical is where it should be for "off", and just right for "run", then full right (which does return) for start. Is this correct?

The thing that made me question is the key fails to return from full left, AND there is a momentary button on the left opposite the key. No sticker or anything, but I was thinking maybe that was the glow plugs, or maybe horn (if so, doesn't work).

And speaking of controls, what is with the light switch. Rotary knob for the lights seems straight forward, and you can make out the icons, which helps. But there is a lever underneath. Is that a turn signal? Appears to have 3 positions at forward (right), horizontal left, and rear (left?).

Sorry for the ignorant questions, but with no legible stickers and no manual, plus the PO apparently only used it rarely and for loader work, I'm at a loss.

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
And another. There is a rotary knob under the seat, shaft goes back and toward the center above the 3 point lift. I assume that is the 3 point rate adjustment?

bulldog_shotgun

Equipment
B2150HST
Feb 3, 2013
SW, Ohio
The Single Lever Loader Control Is Standard. If Working Correctly Its Much Nicer Than 2 Sticks.
The Double Gated Shifter Is Transmission. The Heel Pedal Is Diff Lock. The Bent Shifter On The Left Is 4X4, Up Is On. The Foward Pointed Lever On Left Is pto Up And Down Are 2 Dofferent Speeds Center Is Off.Key Switch Is Accesory, Off, Run, Glow Plig, Start. Light Should Light Up In Dash While Glow Plugs Are Operating. 10 Seconds In Summer 30 In Winter.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
You bought it without asking what everything does?

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
You bought it without asking what everything does?
I did ask for a survey of all controls. But the fellow either didn't really know all the features to start with (probably part of it at least), or as he explained, he just couldn't remember what was what since the last time he used this particular tractor for anything other than running around as a front loader carrying stuff from time to time. So his story went, he's got some bigger tractors and real backhoes for real work (didn't see them, but did see a forklift big enough to lift an OTR Tractor about 3 stories high), so this little guy was used mainly when he just needed small, didn't need small very often, so one of the reasons he's selling it. He also explained he's fed up with Phoenix and relocating his base of operations to Portland, so most all will be sold off before next summer.

This wouldn't be an issue if Kubota had not started cheaping out on all the printed foil stickers instead of embossed emblems like my poor much more faded and older 7100.

alchemysa

Equipment
B1550, backhoe, 4in1 bucket, rear mower.
Jul 1, 2010
Australia
I only have a single joystick and cant imagine using anything else.

Regarding the 'floating rods' on the loader... do you mean they are removable? If so they might be rods to assist in removal of the loader. I dont have them myself but I remember seeing instructions once that said something about fitting the rods 'somewhere' then rotating the bucket so the loader arms are lifted off the tracter mountings. If you google loader removal instructions you might find more info.

Edit: Go back to the home page of this site and see 'How to remove Loader' Instruction about half way down the menu at the left of the page.

Last edited:

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I did just that, plus searching a bit, now that I know what to look for, and it appears you are absolutely correct. Thank you.

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
This tractor has some serious leaks at a few of the fittings, which I want to try to address tomorrow. But it acts like it is getting low of hydraulic fluid (no surprise there with the leaks). And since I'll be pulling at least 2 lines to examine the threaded connections, if it's low now, it will sure be low by the time I'm done with the line work.

So, can anyone tell me where the hydraulic fill is located, and how do you set the correct level?

Hopefully I won't be asking so many clueless questions once I get a manual. Thank you for your assistance in the mean time.

Edit: I realized this should have been in the Maintenance section, so re-asking there.

Last edited:

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Also, another question of "what is this". I notice on the top of the FEL frame there are pins on both sides for mounting something. What would that be. Pins are shown on this reposted pic from earlier. They are the slightly rusty pins at right center.

alchemysa

Equipment
B1550, backhoe, 4in1 bucket, rear mower.
Jul 1, 2010
Australia
Also, another question of "what is this". I notice on the top of the FEL frame there are pins on both sides for mounting something. What would that be. Pins are shown on this reposted pic from earlier. They are the slightly rusty pins at right center.
At kubotabooks download the LA300 loader parts manual. (I thinks is the model loader you have). The pins are used to hold metal bars that run from one side of the tractor to the other. The bars are used to prop up the loader when its in storage, off the tractor. It doesn't look like the bars will fit your tractor because the Instrument Panel is in the way. I guess you do not have a loader thats perfectly matched to the tractor. Thats not unusual.

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for the information. Not sure if it would fit, I'll look later. I don't have one, but if I need to dismount at some point I can make one, arched if necessary.

And I just downloaded that manual. With no legible numbers that I could find, I had no idea which loader this was. With a quick look through the manual, it seems to match my loader. Much thanks!

bulldog_shotgun

Equipment
B2150HST
Feb 3, 2013
SW, Ohio
And speaking of controls, what is with the light switch. Rotary knob for the lights seems straight forward, and you can make out the icons, which helps. But there is a lever underneath. Is that a turn signal? Appears to have 3 positions at forward (right), horizontal left, and rear (left?).

Sorry for the ignorant questions, but with no legible stickers and no manual, plus the PO apparently only used it rarely and for loader work, I'm at a loss.
yes the lever underneath is turn signals, left and right.

And another. There is a rotary knob under the seat, shaft goes back and toward the center above the 3 point lift. I assume that is the 3 point rate adjustment?
that should be 3PH Lower speed