B1750HST Front prop problem

Ohio_ford_farm

Equipment
B1750HST
Jul 4, 2010
Madison, Oh
Hello all,

I'm new here and found this forum trying to find help. I have a B1750HST. A few years ago I had to replace the front U joint and yokes. Now I thought I broke the rear joint or yoke, after getting it up in the air a little and taking a look I have found that the Roll pin holding the yoke on the spline shaft out of the gear box has snapped and allowed the yoke to work its way off. My problem is I can not for the life of me get that part of a roll pin to move out of the shaft? What am I over looking or ??? I have spent a good 30 min under there with a pin punch and hammer and it has not moved at all... I can still slide the yoke on the shaft.

My next question is what made the pin snap in the first place?

Thanks,

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
If you can get the yoke back on in the right position so that the holes line up the hole in the yoke will help guide your punch to drive the broken piece out.
Two things cause that pin to break, dry spines on the slip yoke at the other end causing an endload on the shaft or the drive shaft being out of phase causing a constant loading and unloading as the shaft turns. seeing you had it apart before, both these situations are likely.
Ed

Ohio_ford_farm

Equipment
B1750HST
Jul 4, 2010
Madison, Oh
Just a Quick update here. I got the old pin out today. There was some type of locking compound on the old pin holding it in place. I had to wet rolled up rag and put near the seal to protect it and give the pin a little heat to burn the locking compound out. Pin drove out as easy as pie after a little heat. I hope to have the new metric roll pins in the morning and get the little guy off the stands and back out playing in the mud ! ;)