B1750 clutch release grease nipple

Tractorfan

I am in the process of servicing my B1750. I found all but one grease nipple that's listed in the operators manual. I don't see the nipple for the throw out bearing. I looked through the hole in frame where it shows in manual, but there is no nipple. Does an HST model have this or only a gear model? Thanks.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The grease zerk for the throw out bearing slide is on the left side of the shaft.
You might have to get to it from under the tractor, or there should be a hole right behind the clutch pedal on the left side.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tractorfan

The grease zerk for the throw out bearing slide is on the left side of the shaft.
You might have to get to it from under the tractor, or there should be a hole right behind the clutch pedal on the left side.
Thanks wolfman for the quick reply. There is a hole by the cluch pedal that's where the manual says the fitting is. But when I shine a light in, I don't see a nipple. I will head out and take another look.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
All that grease does is keep item #10 (clutch release hub) free to slide on the shaft.

Was actually designed to keep the hub from seizing on the shaft when used in water (rice paddies).

If you don't put your transmission under water frequently you can probably get by with a pump of grease in that fitting about every 3 years!!!!!

Tractorfan

All that grease does is keep item #10 (clutch release hub) free to slide on the shaft.

Was actually designed to keep the hub from seizing on the shaft when used in water (rice paddies).

If you don't put your transmission under water frequently you can probably get by with a pump of grease in that fitting about every 3 years!!!!!
I guess it has enough grease now to last 10 years! Another question is it possible to grease the drive shaft joints?