B1700 BI-Speed reseal..... HELP

simpson1

Equipment
l4240 and b1700
Feb 7, 2017
Iowa
I just got done replacing my pivot seals on my B1700 and I just resassebled the Bi-Speed case. I used permatex anarobic gasket maker on the gasket surfaces. I didn't use the activator and everything is still wet on it. It will not dry for the life of me and everyone claims oxygen cannot be present for this tuff to dry. I'm getting conserned that the gasket face isn't drying. How long should it take to dry? What about the sealer that oozed out on the inside, will that ever dry or will it mix with everything?

Attachments

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I just got done replacing my pivot seals on my B1700 and I just resassebled the Bi-Speed case. I used permatex anarobic gasket maker on the gasket surfaces. I didn't use the activator and everything is still wet on it. It will not dry for the life of me and everyone claims oxygen cannot be present for this tuff to dry. I'm getting conserned that the gasket face isn't drying. How long should it take to dry? What about the sealer that oozed out on the inside, will that ever dry or will it mix with everything?
The anerobic material which is squeezed between the two metal surfaces will cure as there is no oxygen present. Material that squeezed out wont cure but can be scraped off.

The material which squeezed out on the inside will be submerged in the lubricant and likely cure as also no oxygen will be present in the oil.

Permatex's youtube videos shows their product being used sparingly.

Dave

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The material that ends up inside the case if it mixes with the oil will not pose any issues, that's the reason for that type of sealer. ;)