B 7800 hst

G8037

Equipment
B 7800 HST
Mar 8, 2015
Anderson sc
I recently had an expensive 4WD trans repair, all new gears, bearings, and a new 4x4 / 2 WD shift lever replaced.
When I got the repair back all was nice and quiet , ie no trans gear rattle noise. Its been about 5 months since the repair, and now starting to get a loud rattle at idle from the trans or possibly the hydro drive shafts?
If the clutch is pushed in, all is nice and quiet.
I have an LA 402 loader and sub frame attached so its hard to see or gain access to much of anything under the tractor to diagnose the issue.
Everything seems to operate, ie no clutch slippage.
So any advice for how to locate and remediate the trans rattle, hoping that the repair done previously is still intact and not looking at more costly repairs.

The tractor is used intermittently so no hard use.
Thank you for any insights.

G8037

Equipment
B 7800 HST
Mar 8, 2015
Anderson sc
Ok, thanks, Im hopping that is not the case.
I discovered in a video on a 7200, i believe, and in that video where they were replacing he throw out bearing, there was a reference to an access hole on the tractor frame that would allow you to locate a grease zerk that would grease the bearing and tube.
Do you know if the newer B7800 has such access, if so where is the access hole? I see on the right side of the clutch housing ther is a rubber cap/cover about 1.5 in. In diameter, not sure if that is an access point for lube or an access hole for the pressure plate bolts, or clutch inspection.

I dont believe in the operators manual there is any reference to a clutch bearing lubracation point or access, if so maybe that information is in a service manual.

Thanks.

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
I don't know of any tractor having a way to service a throw out bearing other than a replacement. WheRe they are and how they operate would make that really tough. I'm probably wrong but I have never seen that on ever a car or truck. Once they start rattling, they are pretty much done.