b-7800 FEL loader hose replacement LA-402

Speedybon

Jun 22, 2019
Arroyo Grande
I'm starting to have the hoses from the control valve to the pipes running down the loader arm look like they were cut. Just one is showing the inner webbing, and two look good. So I ordered all of the hoses (4). This is the first time I have replaced hydraulic hoses will it self bleed by working the control lever. One other question these hoses look cut, but I never found anything that cut them. It has been stored inside its whole life. If it's deterration, I am surprised.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I'm starting to have the hoses from the control valve to the pipes running down the loader arm look like they were cut. Just one is showing the inner webbing, and two look good. So I ordered all of the hoses (4). This is the first time I have replaced hydraulic hoses will it self bleed by working the control lever. One other question these hoses look cut, but I never found anything that cut them. It has been stored inside its whole life. If it's deterration, I am surprised.
It bleeds itself. Your description sounds like cracking in the outer hose cover.

Dan

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
It bleeds itself. Your description sounds like cracking in the outer hose cover.

Dan
Like Dan says, just change the hoses and cycle the loader a bit and all air will be gone.

I have the same loader. Had the bucket cylinders rebuilt a year or two ago. No issue after re installation. Just cycled things a few time and operation was normal.

Frankly, not sure if I would have notices anything if I had just used the loader normally after putting the cylinders back on. Actually I am not sure I even consciously tried to get the air out...

Speedybon

Jun 22, 2019
Arroyo Grande
I think they are just cracking I just never saw a crack look like it was cut. But there is another in a different spot where the outer rubber was cut too.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Remember to mark each end of each hose (on the tractor or loader) with something so you are positive you can get the hoses back into the same positions at each end.

You may be able to just replace one hose at a time.

There are tons of threads on the forum about the loader not working correctly after replacing the hoses.

Speedybon

Jun 22, 2019
Arroyo Grande
They still have the color-coded caps, and one at a time is a good idea. When I break the hose loose is there pressure with the engine off. If there is putting a rag over the fitting to defuse it from spraying and taking one hose loose will there be no more pressure on the other three?

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
They still have the color-coded caps, and one at a time is a good idea. When I break the hose loose is there pressure with the engine off. If there is putting a rag over the fitting to defuse it from spraying and taking one hose loose will there be no more pressure on the other three?

Hi Speedy-
Engine off, no pressure.
Put the bucket flat on the ground.
After turning off the engine, I advise cycling the FEL controls just to be sure all pressure is out.
The reason for putting bucket flat on ground is that any movement of the bucket (such as from stepping on it) will cause the cylinder pistons to move a bit and oil will squirt out - Ask me how I know!
You're going to lose some oil anyway so have some rubber gloves, a catch jug and some towels ready.
No need to murder the new hoses on. Get the fittings tight and check for leaks afterward with engine running. Tighten more as required.
I always use a bit of anti-seize on fitting threads ONLY.

Let us know how you do...

Warm water and Dawn dish detergent does a great job of cleanup.

Speedybon

Jun 22, 2019
Arroyo Grande
Hi Speedy-
Engine off, no pressure.
Put the bucket flat on the ground.
After turning off the engine, I advise cycling the FEL controls just to be sure all pressure is out.
The reason for putting bucket flat on ground is that any movement of the bucket (such as from stepping on it) will cause the cylinder pistons to move a bit and oil will squirt out - Ask me how I know!
You're going to lose some oil anyway so have some rubber gloves, a catch jug and some towels ready.
No need to murder the new hoses on. Get the fittings tight and check for leaks afterward with engine running. Tighten more as required.
I always use a bit of anti-seize on fitting threads ONLY.

Let us know how you do...

Warm water and Dawn dish detergent does a great job of cleanup.
Excellent information I have been a GM tech for 43 years and you covered every step needed even clean up. Cycling the loader with the engine off is good info. I didn't think of that, I guess I'm getting old. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I will let you know when they get here.

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
Excellent information I have been a GM tech for 43 years and you covered every step needed even clean up. Cycling the loader with the engine off is good info. I didn't think of that, I guess I'm getting old. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I will let you know when they get here.

Cool. Look forward to hear about your repair.
There's tons of experience along with tips and advice from this forum's members and I am humbled by it.

Speedybon

Jun 22, 2019
Arroyo Grande
There's tons of experience along with tips and advice from this forum's members and I am humbled by it.
[/QUOTE I would be glad to help if someone needs help with GM products, My Kubota is my pride and Joy. Which is saving my back.

Speedybon

Jun 22, 2019
Arroyo Grande
I changed all for hoses and I learned a lot. I'm so stupid it has quick connections so air would never be a problem. They were very tight at the quick connects and I did break one after the first one I put a small amount of heat which helped. The one I broke I tried all of my different easy outs with no luck so I cut sections using an air Sawzall and vacuum/ use air to clean/ and wash any medal left. These hoses did not look like the original but they we're Kubotas. Thank you again for your help. No leaks and it works great.

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
Awesome! Glad you were able to do the job successfully.
Post some pics of the machine and work if you like - always fun to see pics!