B 7000 Trans Problem

earthpig

Equipment
B7000
Dec 11, 2010
nevada
I have a B 7000 with front loader. The guy I bought it from told me that the spline in the trans had ether stripped or broke and he made some type of repair, not sure what. Anyway I got it running and was pulling a box scraper and something let go and it will not move. I'm sure it's on the input shaft. Is there a diagram avalilbe or does someone have a pic of the trans so I can see what I'm looking for before pulling the trans. Any help would be apprechated. Thanks.............

davemskinner

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sold ZD28F, Bought04 Grnd L4330 /frnt mnt snwblwer L2185, hted/AC cab, 2nd ZD28F
Mar 12, 2011
Pulaski, NY
I'm not familiar with the B series tractors. However, I went to www.Messicks.com to obtain the parts breakdown for you but they don't list a B7000. They list the B6000 and the B7100 series but not the B7000.

Someone else will have to clarify this issue for you. :confused:

At Messicks.com you will find a good share of the Kubota parts manuals by section. You will have to request the section and it will be emailed to you within minutes of entering your request. I have found this service to be absolutely invaluable!!!

Dave

earthpig

Equipment
B7000
Dec 11, 2010
nevada
Hey Dave, thanks for the link. I'll check it out. Does anyone know if the B7000 uses the same trans as other models? Thanks.........

timmy22

Equipment
b7000
May 3, 2011
warwick qld australia
i think youll find most of the parts are similar to a b7100 which is not grey market and therefore listed on messicks site

actually this has just happened to me and it appears that the original rubber link is weak apparently it can be replaced by the b7100 ball bearing joint which you can replace along with input shaft which will have stripped the splines if its like mine

you have to split the tractor which is fairly easy if you have enough jacks and axle stands -- good luck

earthpig

Equipment
B7000
Dec 11, 2010
nevada
Hey thanks timmy22. I figured I would be slitting it it two and am lucky to have a shop. Have you already made your repair. What was the cost ?

i think youll find most of the parts are similar to a b7100 which is not grey market and therefore listed on messicks site

actually this has just happened to me and it appears that the original rubber link is weak apparently it can be replaced by the b7100 ball bearing joint which you can replace along with input shaft which will have stripped the splines if its like mine

you have to split the tractor which is fairly easy if you have enough jacks and axle stands -- good luck

davemskinner

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sold ZD28F, Bought04 Grnd L4330 /frnt mnt snwblwer L2185, hted/AC cab, 2nd ZD28F
Mar 12, 2011
Pulaski, NY
Good luck. I find the Kubotas pretty easy generally to work on.

Enjoy!