Auger Trouble

alex

Equipment
MX5100
Feb 8, 2012
americus,ga
I have a 2011 MX5100. I just purchased an 3pt auger implement. I hooked the implement directly to the tractor. i used the lower center point attachement hole. I had to adjust the arm bars into the higher hole. this finally allowed me to lift the attachment off the ground but it barely clears the ground. the kubota dealership removed the safety guard off the lift lever for the 3pt hitch. I am justing paranoid that something is wrong with the tractor. any idea

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
When you say it barely lifted it up do you meen that you ran out of lift height or the tractor just wouldn't pick up the weight?

Maybe some pics of the way it's set up would help if you can post them.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I bet it's a setup issue. I can't see a tractor that big not having enough lift. My L 3000 will lift my auger off the ground plenty high enough and it's nowhere nere as big a tractor as your's.

Some pics would really help. Maybe we could see what the deal is and be able to help you out.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Sounds like that maybe the upper link needs to be shorten, so the auger get an extra lift by the change of the angle to the 3ph.

Pic's would really help...

carl

alex

Equipment
MX5100
Feb 8, 2012
americus,ga
Anything specific you guys would want pictures of. My plan is to take a picture of the adjustment the Kubota guy did, take a few pictures of the rear showing where the auger attaches to the tractor and a few of the auger itself.

Just for the sake of explaining how i attached the auger:'
I attached the auger directly to the tractor at all three points. I removed the upper link and attached the upper part of the auger to the lowest top link mounting holes. The right and left lifting rods were adjusted to the hole closest to the tractor to allow for maximum heigth and then i attached the auger to the lower links, and then the pto.

Thanks!

dkizerian

Feb 2, 2012
Erda, Utah
WHat model # speeco is that? and how long is the auger? could it be that you got the compact model with a full length auger?

I'm kind of guessing at this point, as nothing looks out of place in the pictures to me...

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
I'm kind of guessing at this point, as nothing looks out of place in the pictures to me...
Same to me. It looks like it's the wrong auger at the traktor. It would come higher if you would add a hole at the upper Link. Or if the lower links were longer... :eek:

der carl

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
The way it looks just doesn't seem right to me. I got some measuremnets off mine so you can compair. My main beam is 76" from tractor to gearbox. From where it hooks to the lift arms to where it hooks to the beam is 24". The main beam from tractor to first hole is 22" Mine doesn't pin thru the main beam, it has a mount under the beam so it would add even more height.
I use the top hole on the tractor where the top link hooks and the 2nd hole from the lift arms to the beam. Even set like this my 3000 has plenty of lift height. I know your tractor has more lift than mine. When you get time get some measurements and compair them to what mine are.

alex

Equipment
MX5100
Feb 8, 2012
americus,ga
Thanks! I will certainly check the measurements. I will also check to make sure that the bit and unit are the correct ones. I really appreciate all of your assistance. My main concern is that the lifting mechanism on the tractor is properly working. It sounds as if it is from all of your comments. If anyone sees differently, please let me know. So, i will direct my attention to the auger. Thanks again, I'll keep you all posted.

avi8tor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800DT, BX2380, RTV X900
Mar 14, 2010
Cleveland, Alabama
I think Bulldog is right - it certainly looks like something is wrong. I have an L2800 with a CAT 1 Auger and have plenty of clearance - at least a foot or so. It almost looks as if the hitch part (Upside Down "U") looks too short for the size of your tractor. The boom also looks a too short as well. Cabu may be on the right track, it may be a model for a compact tractor with a full size auger. It definitely looks like a mix up of parts. Keep us updated......

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Everything is fine, just stick the top link of the auger into the top hole under the seat and you'll get more height out of the auger. It's set up to tight behind the tractor and it's not lifting to full height.

Last edited:

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
...It's set up to tight behind the tractor and it's not lifting to full height.
So you are saying, that the upper link is stressed when the 3ph is lifted. Should be easy to check.
From my point of understanding, if he put the upper link in the upper hole and the lifting of the 3ph is the same, the auger will be lower then now regarding the angel to the 3ph.

@Alex
I checked my 3ph lifting and it is higher. When the auger is not connected, is the lifting hight of the 3ph the same?

der carl

Last edited:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Moving to the upper hole may change the angle of the lower link but it's not going to help the lift height issue. I still wonder about the lower link anyway. It looks to short in the pics to me.