Appliance Cart

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Bad week for equipment here. Washing machine died last Saturday night. Water heater went out Monday and by Thursday the water pump on the Trailblazer was making so much noise I didn't trust driving it. Replaced water heater Tuesday. New washing machine came Wednesday. Yesterday #2 Son helped me with the water pump on the Trailblazer (fan clutch was also shot and while we had things apart, replaced the t-stat that's otherwise buried behind stuff). Hope nothing else breaks soon.

Anyway, the washing machine needed to go to the shed till there's time for a run to the recycler. The Kubota appliance cart was pressed into service. I ran a couple self-drilling screws into the old machine so the strap wouldn't slide off.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

lerxstland

Equipment
MX5400 , New Holland 4630, LP BoxBlade, land plane, Grapple, rake, rear blade,
Mar 7, 2016
McHenry, MD
Bad week for equipment here. Washing machine died last Saturday night. Water heater went out Monday and by Thursday the water pump on the Trailblazer was making so much noise I didn't trust driving it. Replaced water heater Tuesday. New washing machine came Wednesday. Yesterday #2 Son helped me with the water pump on the Trailblazer (fan clutch was also shot and while we had things apart, replaced the t-stat that's otherwise buried behind stuff). Hope nothing else breaks soon.

Anyway, the washing machine needed to go to the shed till there's time for a run to the recycler. The Kubota appliance cart was pressed into service. I ran a couple self-drilling screws into the old machine so the strap wouldn't slide off.
Nice work...ingenuity at its finest

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Chim its always something isnt it. Especially when you own a home! Now that both my daughters own their own houses I have had a constant work load! Good thing im retired! Lucky I got my new boiler, hot water heater and well pump installed before their list grew too large! One lives 1 hr away and the other is 2 hrs away. That doesnt make it easy, but I would do anything for my girls! Sadly I havent needed to haul the Kubota to them....yet!

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Chim its always something isnt it. Especially when you own a home! Now that both my daughters own their own houses I have had a constant work load! Good thing im retired! Lucky I got my new boiler, hot water heater and well pump installed before their list grew too large! One lives 1 hr away and the other is 2 hrs away. That doesnt make it easy, but I would do anything for my girls! Sadly I havent needed to haul the Kubota to them....yet!
Most of the time helping the kids amounts to replacing gutters and soffits, hardwood floors, radon systems and other miscellaneous stuff

Only made a couple trips with that required hauling tractors. Pics below are from about 20 years ago with the first Kubota. That trip was from near Lancaster to Jersey Shore PA which is around 120 miles one way. #1 Son and a bud wanted to have a parking area behind a rental they own. The only truck available to pull the trailer that day was one from work that had a leaky heater core. Stank so bad we had to drive with windows open.

Hauled the L3200 about 5 miles to the youngest son's place a few years back to build a raised bed planter. I clear snow at the church with the current L4240 - about 1.5 miles away and that's drivable.
P1010070 - Copy.JPG
P1010075 - Copy.JPG
P1010081 - Copy.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio

Only way this story gets better if you use a bale spear or a grapple. I am sorry about your luck. Well done though. For a day like that I say go to town pick up some top shelf bourbon and when you get home have a sip and tell the orange monster in the pic how great she is and how much you appreciate her. (And I mean the tractor as the orange monster, nothing disrectful)😀

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
C756B2ED-5042-4064-84A2-605D4E458D1C.jpeg

Grapples do work well for moving appliances, assuming you’re moving them to the dump.

Reactions: 1 user

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
If your washing machine still spins and you have bricks available, should try this:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users