Any RTV owners here?

WoodyBlue

Equipment
L2501DT
Mar 18, 2017
Taylorsville, KY, USA
Just took delivery of our 2nd Kubota. A RTV-X900W Camo. Any others around? Interested in seeing mods others have done. Please share!

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Ramos

Equipment
1870-1, LA203A, RCK54
Feb 25, 2016
Sherman County, Oregon
2008 RTV 1100. Added a 2" receiver hitch front and rear. Installed 3 channel sprayer control with adjustable pressure. Just about ready to roll over 1,000 hours.

OlFerguson

Equipment
4440, 1120D
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
I have the 1120D and I absolutely love mine. It's not overly fast , but it's great for farm work. I hope you enjoy it and congrats! As for mods check out orange aftermarket. RTVs need their own forum !lol

KickstandDan

Equipment
BH70,
Sep 4, 2017
Vermont
I own a 2004 RTV900 which has been flawless in operation. It's what made me go orange when I bought my tractor this year.
One thing i recommend is front and rear electric winches. It seems as though when these get stuck... you're really stuck.

Hook

Equipment
L3240 with LA514 FEL, Box Blade, Howard Rotovator, All Purpose Plow, Sub Soiler
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia
We traveled to Selma, Alabama last year and bought a used 2009 Kubota RTV 900. It had 120 hours on it and looked like it was new. My wife and I love it. It is a beast. It is not a side by side toy it is a work vehicle. After purchasing it we were doing a landscaping project and we purchased 70 landscape blocks that weighed 22 pounds each (1540 lbs). I unloaded them from my pickup onto the RTV. It didn't even squat. That thing is built like a tank and I love a diesel engine. We have just purchased a 16 acre tract of land that is going to require quite a bit of work clearing privet hedge and building fences. I am sure the RTV will be a great asset.

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
I picked up a Polaris Ranger xp 900. I love it. Great for working around the property. I take mine into the woods quite a bit, what appealed to me was the 12" clearance and lighter weight than comparable models. That and I can tow 2000#'s with the hitch. Great for hauling though dense, rocky, hilly terrain. My first mod was to add skid plates. A 10 piece set from ricochet off road that was a 3/16" Aluminum layered with a 1/4" UHMW. Lightweight and durable. No regrets. I haven't taken any photos with the new set that I installed yet.

Attachments

gcmiller

Equipment
B2910, LA402 FEL, Caroni TC-910 91" finish mower, RTV900
Mar 13, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I have an RTV 900 and it's a work horse. It gets more use than the tractor. I love the hydraulic bed. The wife loves it too. No mods... yet.

Attachments

highcountrybarry

Mar 20, 2016
Fleetwood, NC
I had an RTV 900 but it was getting a little age so this spring I traded for an X900. I regret doing it. The 900 was very reliable and had power to spare, not so the X. I have a lot of hills and the emissions bog it down when climbing a hill. Instead of the computer compensating it forces you to compensate. You actually have to let off the accelerator to get it to speed up and it pulls like a sick puppy. The dealer is working with me on adjustments but so far no joy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Careful changing the engine oil, especially on the X1100's. The filter is nearly impossible to get to. 2 ways. Reach down from the top of climb under and remove the belly pan. If done from the top, you just have to feel around for it. In doing so, you can't see whether the old oil filter gasket is stuck to the block. Most folks just remove filter, throw it in the trash and screw new filter on. Watch the old filter and make sure the old gasket is on it. If not, you're gonna have to be mindful to remove the old from the block. If not, it's likely to cost you an engine. They'll run about 15 minutes or so before the double gasket dies and barfs all the oil out. Then they'll run 10 minutes or so with zero oil in the engine before the rod(s) let go. Cost me an engine-and thought I'd pass that along. Mostly on the X1100's because of all the crap in the way of filter access but worth mentioning even on the 900's and 1120/1140.

Maintain all of the RTV's extremely well because they're really expensive to have to fix! Specifically engine and transmission repairs. Sometimes going "by the book" aint enough. Depends on usage. Those who use them in really warm climates may need to change the trans fluid more often than the book says. THose in dry climates may need to change the air filter more often. Etc, etc.

FTG-05

Equipment
L4330 w/FEL, RTV-XG850 and ZD326S
Jul 21, 2013
TN
I've had mine for about two years now.

Mods include:

- Tool carrier in the front of the bed
- LED lights on the grill guard and on the roof
- Replaced the Craptyle tires with ITP Blackwater Evolutions
- Added rifle rack

Pics:

Fitch

Equipment
ZD21, RTV900W
May 3, 2017
Carlisle, PA
Congratulations on your purchase. May you have many years of good service out of it.

I have a 2004 RTV900W with 2,650 hours on it. I added a canopy top, work lights and a fiberglass bed liner (bed liner was a mistake), when I bought it. It uses no oil between engine oil changes and drives like new.

It gets used a minimum of twice a day doing chores at the barn, and frequently more often since it's so useful for moving people and tools around to do things like clear up fallen trees, etc.

I installed the one piece front drive shaft kit, which newer ones won't need. Replaced the front CV joint boots and all associated seals ~four years ago. Rebuilt the bed after the horse manure corroded it and much of the rest of the bed. Replaced the tail gate. I should have had Rhinoliner, or equivalent installed when I bought it.

Replaced the front struts @ ~2,500 hours.

Other than that, just routine maintenance and an occasional light bulb in the work lights.

Edited to add: Performance of routine maintenance is relatively easy on this machine. Oil changes on the front differential are less easy because of the way mud and other stuff packs between it and the skid plate. But other than that, much easier than a modern car. Good access to all the stuff done often, like oil changes.

I expect to have to rebuild the U-joints in the rear axles before it gets to 3,000 hours, but everything else is working just fine. (Knocking on wood here.)

Fitch

Last edited: