Any plans out there for a Ballast Box for a BX?

BillK01

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, LP 1560 back blade, Front mount snow blower, Ferris ISX800 ZTR
Mar 17, 2017
Near Pittsburgh, PA
A friend of mine said if I can get him some plans/specs he will make me a ballast box at work (they do a lot of welding).

So does anyone have any plans, dimensions, specs etc for a rear ballast box for a BX series (2360 in my case) tractor?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
A friend of mine said if I can get him some plans/specs he will make me a ballast box at work (they do a lot of welding).

So does anyone have any plans, dimensions, specs etc for a rear ballast box for a BX series (2360 in my case) tractor?
These guys did a bang up job :

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30523

What you need to really think about is WHAT are you going to carry? Long items? Firewood? Rock/stone?

Removable sides?

What angle do you need to keep stuff staying in when going up hill - rear gate?:)

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
I built one out of wood that i can use the sand tubes i throw in my truck bed during winter. I have it set up so if i have my 3pt hitch installed, i can just back up to it lift up the 3pt and drive away. Works great and was built with scraps.

sgtboz

Equipment
Kubota L3800/L3940, BH77/BH90 Backhoes, www.bozhog.com
Sep 11, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK
www.bozhog.com
While there is CERTAINLY something to be said for the enormous satisfaction we get from building things ourselves, Titan's stuff is usually quite inexpensive.
And in my experience - not junk. I have a set of quick-attach forks and their stump bucket and both are very well built. I got both of 'em off craigslist. However, the things they build are heavy and expensive to ship. I think they may make up some of their lower purchase price on their shipping. Not that you can't figure that out yourself so it's just an FYI!

I'm sorry - I guess I mean something to counter the FEL - like this: https://www.palletforks.com/3-point-category-1-tractor-ballast-box-800-lb-capacity.html

But honestly - seeing it's only $239 it's probably not even worth messing around fabricating one ourselves.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Here is what I did and it serves many purposes. Fill 5 gallon buckets with cement gives you little over 80#'s per bucket that you can take off or add too as needed. I have just over $200 in it.

Attachments

7milesup

Equipment
BX2380 FEL, 54" MMM, 48" King Kutter, Fabricated land plane (it is awesome!).
Apr 3, 2017
Northwest, WI
Are you looking for something like this?....

I can get measurements for you if you want. I sized it so that 12, solid concrete blocks will fit inside of it. They are a couple of dollars each and weigh 33 lbs each. I currently have 10 in mine and find that that is great plenty. Also added on a 2" receiver hitch. I did not have a tube laying around so had to fabricate that one too.

Attachments

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
Have had this 3 point scoop from Agri Supply forever.. So I made a plate to cover the end and I have some homemade steel weights which are just 8" X 12" sections of 1-1/2 " thick solid steel flat stock. (about 45 lbs. ea. with U bolt welded handle) I just lay in as many as needed, and instant ballast box. Unload it and use it for a scoop as well,

Attachments