Any advice for a first time Kubota buyer?

Mike Belle

May 6, 2019
TAMPA
Well I took the advice of some of you folks here and sized it up a notch to the B2650. I priced it with the online calculator, and then with my local dealership. The online calculator puts it at 21,650, and the dealership came in at 21,300. Do I just need to bounce the numbers off of a bunch of local dealerships to get that 10-15% off of the online calculator price? I'm happy to take a weekend to drive and pick it up.
Yes, that dealer is NOT giving you a good price. You should be able to get a price that is at least 12% off the price the Kubota website gives you. I'm in the process of ordering a B2601-1 and the price the second dealer gave me was almost 19% off from the Kubota website. Only tax added on. Also, when buying new, Kubota will finance tractor and Land Pride implements at usually 60-84 months 0% interest. They also have great insurance for your tractor and implements. Good luck, but keep shopping!

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Well I took the advice of some of you folks here and sized it up a notch to the B2650. I priced it with the online calculator, and then with my local dealership. The online calculator puts it at 21,650, and the dealership came in at 21,300. Do I just need to bounce the numbers off of a bunch of local dealerships to get that 10-15% off of the online calculator price? I'm happy to take a weekend to drive and pick it up.
Contrary to what some say on here, 10-15% off is not a hard and fast rule. It depends a lot on location, demand for a model, and availability. In some locations, if the demand is high and the dealers are having a hard time keeping enough in inventory, then they are less likely to discount. Getting quotes from more than one dealer is a great idea, just don’t be disappointed if they don’t meet a certain percentage off.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I am starting to think that the "K" dealers have started to act like HD dealers bak in the early 2000, you know thats the price if you dont take it someone else will,, There are to many dealers out there willing to deal, within reason of course, not to look around some, even some on line, and remember no matter who you bought it from a dealer is required to do warranty work weather you bought from them or not

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Hey all,

I'm a new homeowner on 7.5 acres of woodland looking for a tractor to help deal with the oak wilt that is devastating our trees. I've been shopping the B series due to the lifting capacity over the BX's. I'm hoping to get some answers to a few questions regarding common pitfalls for a first time tractor owner (I don't think a John Deere D series counts). Anyway the first question is the obvious, new or used? What advantages would I get out of a new tractor over a used one? Second, how many hours can I anticipate getting out of a B series assuming faithful maintenance? Third, what should I be on the lookout for in a used tractor? I'v found a couple that are in my price range varying from 250-900+ hours available near enough to me that I could pick them up. I need a loader attachment for mine, and some of the best deals I've found do not include them, so is adding a loader to a tractor going to be significantly more expensive than purchasing one with it already installed (save for the cost of the loader itself)? Any and all advice would be welcome, I heard that of the whole wide web you folks know best, so please lay your knowledge on me so I can happily join the legions of orange.
Caveat: Have not yet read other posts.

New gets you a warranty, attractive financing, and the opportunity to option your tractor as you prefer.

Regarding life, I have never seen a worn out Kubota B series. I have a B1750HST that I bought new in the spring of 1993. In the 26+ years that I have owned it, it has needed NOTHING. Absolutely nothing, aside from routine maintenance and about four batteries. Not so much as a fuse, light bulb or fan belt.

Yes, it gets very good maintenance and is not abused. Still, that record is impressive.

The "hours" that you can expect will depend mostly upon the care and maintenance that it receives. Yes, everyone builds a lemon once in awhile. That's why you get a six year power train warranty.

CUTs without FELS do not sell well, explaining why the best deals that you have found are tractors without FELS. Adding a Kubota FEL to an older tractor is expensive and there are few if any used FELS on the market.

SDT

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
The used one that I'm currently most interested in is a full 5,000 less than new, 75 hours on it, with the loader kit installed. I would still need to add a third function valve to the loader so I could use a grapple. Is the 1 year warranty worth 5,000? I've narrowed it down to the B2601 for the added horsepower over the B2320. The used one is a 2016 listed at 14,900 and damn tempting. I'd really appreciate more info on the factory warranties that Kubota offers, as I understand it's only a single year. If that is the case then I would hope that there isn't a flaw in the design that would require a repair that is in the 5 grand range. I'm primarily using it for cleaning up the woodland and snow blowing in the winter months if that helps. Have there been any major design changes since 2016 that I should be considering that would justify the purchase price of a new tractor? The old lady is a little concerned about the 27,000 dollar price tag after the addition of the snowblower, so I'll need some serious justification to sway her towards a newer option.
Be advised that Kubota increased their power train warranty to 6 years about three years ago. Prior to that, it was two years.

You will want to investigate this when shopping for a used one.

SDT