Another layer of theft deterrence

Pony Doc

Lifetime Member

Equipment
SSV75 Kioti LK3054 Oliver 1250
Dec 15, 2020
Central Colorado
BAP - appreciate the thoughts. After nearly 3 years of reading OTT I knew what the range of responses would be and it's good for all readers to see others input. The active security system for 4 and 2 legged intruders also includes guard dogs (GSDs) and one really mean llama.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Farmer buddy of mine told me to just engage the PTO lever (after you've turned it off and parked).

OMG....now that's a cool idea. (y)

I mean really......If you think about it; How many posts are there, on just this forum, that stump people for days and it turns out to be a safety switch.

Hahahah....love it!

Firstgear

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560LE, Grapple, bucket, snow plow, forks, stump bucket
May 16, 2023
Kennebunkport, Maine
Going to have to do it quickly…the alarm system on the garage has doors and windows with sensors and on the first floor is also a motion detector. Assuming you can make this happen in a timely manner you will have to go out the way you came in…down a one mile dirt road. The police will meet you coming out.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Keeping your goods safe is paramount to all of us, and there are some really outside the box ideas, some work others not so much. I guess what it comes down to is how much someone else whats what you have and to what extent they are willing to pursue that want. Make it difficult to steal, sure that will slow the determined ones down some. But in the end if the bad guys want it , they are going to get it

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Going to have to do it quickly…the alarm system on the garage has doors and windows with sensors and on the first floor is also a motion detector. Assuming you can make this happen in a timely manner you will have to go out the way you came in…down a one mile dirt road. The police will meet you coming out.
Then ....the police will let you go free the next day,...because the DA will not charge.
That...... seems to be the modern way of the USA.

Thunder Fish

Equipment
ZL2202DT-M
Oct 21, 2017
100 Mile House BC,Canada
Then ....the police will let you go free the next day,...because the DA will not charge.
That...... seems to be the modern way of the USA.
Just sad times in today's society,a Premier in Alberta came up with a solution for Mad Cow disease when it was going through their herds,the three S rule,shoot,shovel,shut up