another dumb ?

91redfrod

Equipment
B7200
Oct 23, 2012
Vernonia
hwy i don't have much experience with tractors and implements but am wondering? if i put a class 1 with a 28" width mount at the 3point on my little b7200 will i regret it? i have a post hole digger but it looks to be a bit big for the spread of the mounting arms on the tractor, i think i can adjust them to fit. is this a bad idea? also have a JD 403 mower i would like to make use of it has a wide mount to, and may require more than the 13 horses i have at the PTO. i wanna use it! any advice would be great! thanks, rf

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I had to turn the implement hitch pins around and point them toward the inside on a few implements to get them to fit my L185DT, but I had the rear tires narrower than standard. As long as you can get the implement on, and the arms do not rub the rear tires, you will be OK.
I also ran a 60" bush hog on the 185, which only has 13.5 hp at the PTO. In heavy grass I'd have to go to low gear. I really think that for your tractor you should limit the mower to 48" I was about to cut 3" off each mower blade when I sold the tractor.

91redfrod

Equipment
B7200
Oct 23, 2012
Vernonia
thanks gpreuss, i just did a fit with the u shaped lower pc of the PHD, & i did get it to fit with some clearance so i think it will work, i dunno how much HP is recomended but i will take it slow and see how it works out, how do you like your backhoe? that is on my wishlist, someday, how does it perform? :)

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
For the long term I cannot complain about the backhoe. I use it every year, for something. I started to overhaul it last summer, and still have to build and replace the swing arm plate.
Mine only reaches out about 8 feet, and only digs about a 5' trench. But it does well within those limitations.