"Angle of repose" or "Dad Bermit"

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
It is almost February, I understand the old term "Dad Burmit". NOAA says we are at 100% snow pack. We still have February which can be a heavy snow producer. My berms are maxed out (angle of repose) and anymore will start reducing my drive, which is okay as I started out pushing and piling way back.

Anybody have "Dad Berm" pictures to share?

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Start piling it on the other side of the road... and I bet thats not a wild turnkey huh

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
Start piling it on the other side of the road... and I bet thats not a wild turnkey huh
Skeets
Supposedly wild! Introduced about 15 years ago. Hunters dress up in camo, sneak around the woods, sit in their truck and bitch about not getting any. I could nail them with a broom stick. We have about two dozen stroll through everyday and roost in my trees. They are a pain but fun to watch, prehistoric!
They think I clear the drive just for them. Sometimes I use them as deicers, not often though as I would have 4 dozen. Sprinkle a little grain about and they peck and scratch and break up the ice.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You need a Bobcat, then you really can get some serious berms going. :D
Pictures to follow if we survive the massive rain storm that's nailing us right now!

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
You need a Bobcat, then you really can get some serious berms going. :D
Pictures to follow if we survive the massive rain storm that's nailing us right now!
Wolfman
Glad I got most of the stuff off the drive. We have the same rain and may have gravel showing tomorrow. Pre Mud Time or maybe the beginning.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Not to make anyone jealous or anything like that but on my side of the Cascades we just have rain, lots of it. I hope you guys don't get too much rain. It would make a very bad mess with all that snow you have, as you already know. Good luck to both of you!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
It was 45 yesterday and clear this morning SNOW and 34,, I do wish it would make up its mind

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Had a nice melt off last week. 50's on Sunday. Winter came back last night. Foot high drifts this morning.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

vic gerbasi

Equipment
M110 L3300
Feb 19, 2016
dugald mb canada
It is almost February, I understand the old term "Dad Burmit". NOAA says we are at 100% snow pack. We still have February which can be a heavy snow producer. My berms are maxed out (angle of repose) and anymore will start reducing my drive, which is okay as I started out pushing and piling way back.

Anybody have "Dad Berm" pictures to share?
get a 3ph snowblower and you wont have this problem blowing is better than pushing

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Darn it all. Bought a new snow blower this fall. Emptied the gas out that the dealer brought it with, with the thought global warming will do its thing, since last three winters there has been less and less snow each year. That might mean this year no need for the snow blower. Each snowfall never exceeded 2 inches, mostly less than one inch. I can do that by hand, need the exercise. Then along comes a shift of the storms and I had to use the thing on an 8" snowfall. Now hoping things will go as "planned", since no snow on the ground here now, even in the "piles". areas. Figuring on selling the almost new snow blower this coming summer to someone I can snooker. No need to move to Florida either.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Wolfman
Glad I got most of the stuff off the drive. We have the same rain and may have gravel showing tomorrow. Pre Mud Time or maybe the beginning.
Just started with the mud stuff, oh joy oh joy! :rolleyes:
Extended forecast, looks like some real warm Feb temps, no freezing temps day or night for the next two weeks. :D
That always helps mud season to go way quicker than the normal month of freeze thaw freeze thaw. ;)

Cerlawson,
I've seen more snow in the last couple of years than I have all the years prior, and winter ain't done yet!
I'm not selling any of my snow equipment anytime soon!

Last edited: