And one more day

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ya know I am starting to feel kinda picked on by the universe lately. Loved ones passing away, every thing you touch seems to be going sideways. Case n point beautiful morning, blue skies dry a good day to get stuff done out side,,, WRONG ,,, broke the chain on the saw, cat got out ( he is an indoor cat) got scared and didnt know how to find the sliding door,,, I aint a cat wrangler,, hand saw take out so small trees on the septic tank,, and black berries, looks like I went to a knife fight with a pork chop.... OK Im going to mow,,, BX needs fuel and,,,yep you guessed it 5 gallons of regular gas in the tank,,, sometimes ,, ya know what I mean

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Going out on the town in Oslo Norway 🇳🇴 don’t need no stinking tractor.
IMG_3153.jpeg

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Ya know I am starting to feel kinda picked on by the universe lately. Loved ones passing away, every thing you touch seems to be going sideways. Case n point beautiful morning, blue skies dry a good day to get stuff done out side,,, WRONG ,,, broke the chain on the saw, cat got out ( he is an indoor cat) got scared and didnt know how to find the sliding door,,, I aint a cat wrangler,, hand saw take out so small trees on the septic tank,, and black berries, looks like I went to a knife fight with a pork chop.... OK Im going to mow,,, BX needs fuel and,,,yep you guessed it 5 gallons of regular gas in the tank,,, sometimes ,, ya know what I mean
You don't use YELLOW containers for diesel ONLY?
Unless you are color blind, using yellow diesel fuel storage containers completely removes the gas v/s diesel error issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
If I could just find a diesel chainsaw then I would never need gas again!

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Fully understand when life seems to be taking it out on you. Good friend of mine called and has been given 3-6 months to live due to cancer in the pancreas and liver. Dad called and he is having issues and currently working on getting him into the doctor. Wife's kidney functions are down, so medicine is being adjusted.

Yet, I still try to be thankful that as long as I'm breathing, things can get better and there are those that have it lot worse off such as putting gasoline into their diesel tank. :)

As with all things, this too will pass. I try not to let the struggles steal my joy.

Reactions: 1 users

Daylight

Equipment
BX231, Ortolan T10
Feb 25, 2021
Oslo, DENMARK???? 🤯 This is the Sumo on Karl Johans gate in Oslo, NORWAY - been there with the missuz, and you can even read the street name board.

You must be suffering from bad jetlag... :cool: 🤭

As for the stinking tractor: wish I were back home, riding mine rather than sitting in 108F (it's a cool day today...) on the edge of the Sahara.

Going out on the town in Oslo Denmark 🇩🇰 don’t need no stinking tractor. View attachment 100757

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I must admit my Scandinavia history is not up to speed. Is your reference to Oslo Denmark harking back to when Norway and Denmark were a political union?
I have been to both Oslo and Denmark, but never to both at the same time!

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
I have been to both Oslo and Denmark, but never to both at the same time!
If you had been alive before 1814 its possible you could have been! :);)
Hence my question to edritchey .
Interesting history lesson reading about the relationships between Denmark, Norway and Sweden thru the ages.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
And despite it all you are still blessed. We all are. No matter what goes wrong in a day, I try to always go about life with a sense of gratitude, because I am consciously aware that at any moment there are millions of people in the world who would trade places with me in a heart beat. Some people are fighting just to put food on a table, much less own a tractor and land to use a tractor on. I try to always keep that in mind. If that isn't enough, just the time period we live in today, is so comfortable compared to those who came before us. As a big history buff, nothing has helped shaped my gratitude more than the study of history. It has been life changing. I routinely just go out and walk and contemplate these things when Im having a rough day. All the best!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Tornado, I agree with you 100% on your philosophy, but I think Skeets needs a woman to distract him some!! He has to quit focusing on what's not working. ;)

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
Skeets, somedays your the windshield and somedays your bug. We've all been there and had those days, hang in there.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I'm just glad I'm still looking down at the grass and not up at the roots.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I am seriously thinking about naming this little BX the Kobayashi Maru cause it seems its a no win,,,, Anyways, trying to siphon the tank with little success, and sitting in the old swivel chair supping on my last Guinness, I had an epiphany !!!! ZOIKS,, This has an electric lift pump to the pressure pump,,, pull the hose turn onthe key,,,, DUHHHHHHHHHH. I was very impressed how fast that little pump emptied the tank. Some white bottle dumped in, filled with the proper fuel and off we gooooooo.
D2 I love how you think :)

Toranado,, I have been to close to not waking up more times than I care to think about, so yeah every morning i say thankyou for letting me see another day and before I go to sleep say thank you for the day.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
We’ll be in Denmark tomorrow Copenhagen actually lol these all you can drink packages are getting the best of me 🤓