I agree it's pricey, not saying that's what you have to get but it was the first one that turned up doing a 5 minute search, so just saying they are out there if necessary.Thank you for your response and the part number. Yours is the first 4-prong I've seen, and that is what mine needs. The only problem is not with your part; it is with my lack of desire to spend $225 dollars for the correct part. I have noticed the 3-prong alternators are about half the price. This is a tractor I am going to give to my son while he is building a house, and although I want him to have it, I don't want to spend any more money than necessary on it at this point. If all else fails, I may have to spend the extra money, but I am willing to try to convert it to 3-prongs to save a hundred dollars. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Most everyone here wants the other members to succeed. I've been wrong TOO MANY times to be critical of others.Thanks for the good advice. Just a side note: I am also on a Jeep forum, which is helpful for solving problems with my Jeeps, but my Jeep friends are sometimes sensitive to my questions. Some tend to be very opinionated and not wanting to help, but to scold. This forum seems to answer my questions, and that's what I want: just some help with my problems. Thanks for the help.