Aftermarket step for the Kubota B2601

Bonanza 2026

Member

Equipment
B2601
Aug 3, 2026
23
47
13
NC
The is a user report on the installation of an aftermarket step for the Kubota B2601.

Parts:

  • Step 6A70051350 aftermarket from ebay
Listed under E-6A70051350 LH Step for Kubota from eparts.shop

Price was $63 versus $161 for the OEM version.
No bolts are included - you need to find your own.

  • 4 x M8-1.25 16mm hex bolts with locking washer and nuts - stainless steel
Obtained from amazon for $26

Listed under M8-1.25 Flange Bolt & Nut (16/20/25/30/35mm) Kit Stainless 192Pcs



Had already:

10 mm wrench or socket

13 mm wrench or socket

It was a very quick and easy job to add a step to the B2601. I decided to use an aftermarket step vs an OEM one mainly because of price.

Taking off the rubber floor mat and finding the 4 bolt holes that are already there was a breeze. Place the 4 bolts and tightened them with some wrenches.

It was as easy an upgrade as anyone could ask for. No drilling needed. The part did say it was made in Turkey. Feels beefy enough for average use.

IMG_8092.jpeg IMG_8089.jpeg IMG_8094.jpeg IMG_8088.jpeg IMG_8093.jpeg IMG_8090.jpeg
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 users

Runs With Scissors

Well-known member

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
4,121
5,576
113
Michigan
Looks pretty nice, and saving a hundred bones is definitely a "bonus"....Nice write up sir! 👏
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

robin416

New member

Equipment
B2401
Apr 30, 2021
25
6
3
Alabama
Once again, I have no mounting holes on the upright, left on the deck. The only way to install that step is for me to drill holes in the deck. Which I don't want to do.

I'll try to get a decent pic of what I have to work with.

Trust me, I was all excited the first time I saw the video and step. That's until I looked and saw it wouldn't mount.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

robin416

New member

Equipment
B2401
Apr 30, 2021
25
6
3
Alabama
I need to apologize and go bury my head. I did a huge typo, I have a 2401. I can't find a step for it either.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bonanza 2026

Member

Equipment
B2601
Aug 3, 2026
23
47
13
NC
Why are you afraid to drill a hole in the deck? If you attach a bucket bar like a piranha tooth bar you have to drill holes in the bucket and it's thicker than the deck is. Isn't the 2401 the same chassis as the 2601 just manual drive? The after market or OEM should work. You just need the 4 holes and some bolts.
Maybe go to the nearest dealer and see if the driver's left side is the same on both models (with the exception of the holes) and if so, drill your own. The holes under the brakes would be easy. The other side, there were two holes on a vertical tab that hangs down from the deck. Maybe you have those holes, just not the 2 under the brake pedals.
 

robin416

New member

Equipment
B2401
Apr 30, 2021
25
6
3
Alabama
Mainly because I'm a 76 year old woman. I don't have a drill big enough to handle that kind of drilling. And I don't want to break the paint.