after market fiber disk coupling for g5200 hydrostatic transmission

peterduane

Equipment
kubota g5200 diesel/hydrostatic
Jan 29, 2022
rutherford county nc.
Is there a material to make these disks that would protect the hydrostatic unit. Also, when the disk broke, the drive shaft bent. Has anyone tried to make a guard or sleeve to prevent the shaft from flopping around andbending again

cliffboyer

Equipment
L3301 w/LA525 loader, G5200 mower w/RC48 deck, Kawasaki 610 Mule, DR mower
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
I lucked out when on of the mounting bolts sheared, as it only damged the disc.

I seriously considered making new disc from G10 fiberglass, but ordered a Kubota replacement. Original lasted 1700+ hours. When/if it happens again, I will make one.

If not too bent, your shaft could perhaps be straightened. If not, there are always sellers on flebay parting out mowers.

603g5200

Equipment
Kubota G5200G, G2500 snowblower and a Massey Ferguson MF20 Industrial
Oct 27, 2020
New Hampshire
Not sure if this will work on our machines for the hydro units. But I pulled one of the hydro couplers off an old JD 140 you know the green machines. Attached is a picture. I used it to replace the fiber disk on my G2500 snowblower that kept braking. It runs smoother than ever when the snowblower is engaged. I would assume it will work on our machines since JD used them to connect the hydro shaft on their machines. it is made of steel and rubber last a lot longer than fiber disks.

From the research I have done all that fiber disk does is reduce vibration on shafts that are not perfectly alligned, by flexing to keep shafts aligned without adding tension on seals or bearings. (IE move with the machine) The JD one is more stable but allows movement when the shafts are not perfectly aligned. it also absorbs vibration through the rubber bushings. It was also the exact same size as the fiber disk on the snowblower.

Attachments